Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my old EGR Sensor, or DPFE Sensor becuase my old one broke...sad story, scared the crap outta me.

I bought two regular hoses, hooked it all up, worked fine. Now I'm getting that same sound of air rushing when I accelerate, so I'm guessing the hoses have busted or something has happened. Is there a special DPFE Hose that I should be using instead of a regular rubber hose? Also my brakes have become hard to push, the pedal that is. Would this be due to the lack of engine vaccum to the brake booster from the EGR Sensor?

UPDATE:: I checked everything earlier and it has melted the Sensor, cracked the new hose I put on there...doesn't look good at all. Any idea as to what could be the culprit behind this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced my old EGR Sensor, or DPFE Sensor becuase my old one broke...sad story, scared the crap outta me.

I bought two regular hoses, hooked it all up, worked fine. Now I'm getting that same sound of air rushing when I accelerate, so I'm guessing the hoses have busted or something has happened. Is there a special DPFE Hose that I should be using instead of a regular rubber hose? Also my brakes have become hard to push, the pedal that is. Would this be due to the lack of engine vaccum to the brake booster from the EGR Sensor?

UPDATE:: I checked everything earlier and it has melted the Sensor, cracked the new hose I put on there...doesn't look good at all. Any idea as to what could be the culprit behind this?
[/b]

ya i hear ya on this one!! if you talk to anyone at autozone, checker, etc they will all tell you that people are usually buying those things every year or two, faulty part. and if you notice the part number is different every time each time they say the "fixed" the original problem.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

ya i hear ya on this one!! if you talk to anyone at autozone, checker, etc they will all tell you that people are usually buying those things every year or two, faulty part. and if you notice the part number is different every time each time they say the "fixed" the original problem.....
[/b][/quote]

Well I let a mechanic look at it, it's probably the valve since it's staying open and allowing raw exhaust to come through. I'm gonna drop it off Friday and have to checked out and fixed. Will have to replace the valve, sensor, hoses, and another hose above the sensor that was melted, doh'!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It ended up being a clogged converter, the 3rd cat was messed up. Had it replaced, had the sensor and hoses replaced, everything is good now. Drives a lot better now, I wonder how long it's been like that because the car drives completely different now. It's a lot better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts