Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my EGR valve and Position Sensor and ACT sensor per code reader Diagnostic reading...getting the following codes now...337 EGR Valve Position sensor, pressure feedback sensor or EGR pressure transducer signal voltage to high. 332 Insufficent EGR flow detected. Code 131 ? , Code 361?, Code 166 "Downstream" Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor voltage signal indicates "rich" . Code 141 Fuel SYstem indicates "lean" with high flow demand. Any suggestions what next....?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Diagnostic Trouble Code Description Possible Causes
P1131 - Lack of HO2S-11 Switch, When an HO2S sensor indicates See Possible Causes for DTC P1130
Indicates Lean lean at the end of a test, the system is trying to correct for an over-lean condition. The code is set when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time.
Diagnostic Trouble Code Description Possible Causes
P0131 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Out The HO2S sensor is monitored for Electrical:
of Range Low Voltage (HO2S-11) a negative voltage known as
Characteristic Shift Downward •Contaminated HO2S sensor or connector
(CSD). If the sensor is switching (coolant, water, silicone, fuel, oil, etc.) from 0 volts to -1 volts during •Chafed/damaged wiring testing and DTC P0131 is present, the PCM will be in FMEM. •Crossed HO2S signal/signal return wiring
P0141 - HO2S Sensor Heater Same as DTC P0135, but See Possible Causes for DTC P0135
Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-12) downstream Bank 1.P0135 - HO2S Sensor Heater During testing, the HO2S heaters •Blown fuse Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The code •Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S will set when current draw exceeds •Water in harness connector a maximum calibrated limit or falls below a minimum calibrated limit •Open VPWR or GND circuit
and/or an open or short is detected. •Low battery voltage •Poor electrical connections from PCM to HO2S sensor •HO2S heater •PCM
P0161 - HO2S Sensor Heater Same as DTC P0141, but See Possible Causes for DTC P0135Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-22) downstream Bank 2.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by fisher
pressure feedback sensor or EGR pressure transducer signal voltage to high.
When signal voltage on a sensor is too high, it can indicate a bad ground (though, it isn't always the case).

What happens is, voltage is used up as it passes through the sensor (because the sensor is a load). So, if you were to read voltage at each side, you would read a 5v reference before the load and almost no voltage (there'll be a few millivolts and that's about it) after the load. But, if there is an open or really high resistance on the ground side of the circuit, then it'll change. Because there is no current flow, the load does not drop voltage, so you would read 5v on both sides of the sensor. So the signal wire in the sensor is also reading 5v, which is too high, which sets a code.

·
Registered
70 Posts
One fault can often cause multiple MIL codes so I am thinking you may just have one problem which is setting off several codes.

I doubt this is your problem, but if the vehicle you are referring to is a 1993 withe the 3.0 engine, there is a pipe running from behind the EGR valve assembly to the manifold. This pipe can become blocked with carbon and then the EGR valve has no effect. This can be checked by manually applying vacuum to the EGR valve and seeing if the engine then stumbles. However, a blocked EGR tube will not trigger a "Check Engine" light or leave a code in the EEC IV. (At least it doesn't in mine.)

The oxygen sensors do not use chassis ground so a ground fault is not an issue with those, at least at the sensor itself.

You might mention why you replaced the parts in the first place, and what was happening before that caused you to do so...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have replaced my EGR valve and Position Sensor and ACT sensor per code reader Diagnostic reading...getting the following codes now...337 EGR Valve Position sensor, pressure feedback sensor or EGR pressure transducer signal voltage to high. 332 Insufficent EGR flow detected. Code 131 ? , Code 361?, Code 166 "Downstream" Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor voltage signal indicates "rich" . Code 141 Fuel SYstem indicates "lean" with high flow demand. Any suggestions what next....?
[/b]
I experienced the same problem for a long time after replacing both the EGR valve and the back pressure sensor. Finally took it to the dealership - I had clogged hoses running from the EGR valve to the sensor, and also the 02 sensor was bad. The hoses for the EGR valve cannot be purchased unfortunately, but they can at the dealership or atleast cleaned. Might want to search that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts