Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this reading, and tried getting in there to see if I could clean it out, but damn thing is so rusted up I can't get the bolts off to take a look. Easily popped off the vacuum tube, but there are four bolts, two on each side, that are so rusted on I can't get them off with the tools I have. What should I do?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Got this reading, and tried getting in there to see if I could clean it out, but damn thing is so rusted up I can't get the bolts off to take a look. Easily popped off the vacuum tube, but there are four bolts, two on each side, that are so rusted on I can't get them off with the tools I have. What should I do?
Could try soaking them with PB blaster a few times and leave it a while or maybe lightly heat them with a small torch....and also maybe buy more tools...money saved on doing my own repairs has always purchased me tools to get the job done myself, and then to have for the future.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
PB BLASTER is BOMB!!! You need it!! Also you should clean the Upper Intake where the throttle body is attached. You should also change the DPFE sensor because it is usually the problem if the EGR is still good. If you disconnect the vacumm line and then use a piece of vacuum hose to attach to the EGR and suck on it when the car is running if the car stumbles and is affected by it your EGR is probably still good. Been there, done that. Mine was EGR and DPFE for just over $100. Good luck!! I am changing one an a Nissan Axxess today! Put PB Blaster on it yesterday, should be ready for me when it warms up outside. Another 6 inches of snow last night.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts