Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know one user in her makes progrms for power programers on the gen4 taurus. is it posible to do the same on the early gen1 and gen2?? just curious becase i may have to replace my gen4 with a gen1, gen2, or gen3 wagon

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
TWEECER or EEC tuner wont work on Vulcan PCMs because AFAIK no one has bothered to "crack the code" in the Taurus Vulcan EEC IV PCM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well maybe ill just buy a crate engine from a pats store one day and go to sho source for a computer n make a sleeper wagon. make it white with aluminum rims and clear headlights but under the hood do a sho engine. a sleeper to make those mustang say WTF i was passed by a Taurus wagon lol

i like making them look stock and hide the power LOL. i just love sleepers u wouldn't expect :)

Alice

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
well maybe ill just buy a crate engine from a pats store one day and go to sho source for a computer n make a sleeper wagon. make it white with aluminum rims and clear headlights but under the hood do a sho engine. a sleeper to make those mustang say WTF i was passed by a Taurus wagon lol

i like making them look stock and hide the power LOL. i just love sleepers u wouldn't expect :)

Alice
Good luck on a crate motor. basically you would need to get a wrecked SHo and full the entire front end.

Do you think one for a 3.8L t-bird would work on a 3.8L sable?
No, its a different CPU.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ill probly just make my self a nice car. with a radio i found. im not much in to tunning as i was in my yunger 20s i prefer a nice luxgery. taurus wagons seam like good choice for me becase i know how to work on them so well the others would be the 80-89 county squire wagosn or the 80-81 collny park wagons. trust me i looked very very hard to find. stupid cash for clunkers :p

Alice

·
Registered
36 Posts
no good paul said no go aswell.
As for xcal 1 in australia sct have stop any use of it as some dealer was hacking it to reuse it on more than 1 car.
We can now only use xcal2 and 3.

And no one in oz has done anything with the taurus.

Ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.