Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to update on this problem that happens out of the blue everything is fine then you go to start the car it cranks and no fire .so after going through the normal checks i came across a guy that has a shop had a taurus brought in with the same exact problem he puts it on the scanner everything is normal till he noticed that the temp sensor bye the thermostat was reading that it was 14* outside and it was a warm day ,also the voltage was high.so he pulled it out .jusyt a clip and it pulls out.puts the new one in and what do you know on the third crank ober it fires , the exclamation light goes off and it runs .who would have thought .he checks the values and temp is up to range and so is the volts .I went down got the same part #ts390 and put it in disconnected the battery to clear any codes then on about the fith try after letting it sit for 5 min tried again and bamm it fired right up like it didnt miss a beat .hope this helps know it did me so its the coolant temp ignition sensor #ts390 25.00 and that did the trick .good luck out there hope this helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts