Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: :angry:

By chance does anyone have the user name of "navigator617" on ebay as he is trying to outbid me on nice Mach tweeters.

I found a set of mach tweeters and grr I thought nobody was gonna bid on them?

Out of respect for me, dont bid on them pleaasseee! lol i need them <_<

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

what is the maximum amount I should bid?
like how much do you all think they are worth bidding for?

edit:: looking through the stuff he bought he has a 1998 Taurus... grrrr and hes selling the factory amp so my guess is that he or she upgraded to the whole mach system and just needs the tweeters.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since the actual tweeters are still in there, that makes them worth more, I probably wouldn't pay more than $50 for them, but that's just me. :)

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Well if you checked completed auctions, looks like a set went for $48 with 4 other speakers.

If I really want something at a decent high value, I usually just snipe the auction.

Go over to auctionsniper.com and register for an account. You basically put in the maximum you're willing to pay for an item without revealing your hand to anyone bidding. This way, people who think they're going to win at $10 will be pretty surprised when it puts in your bid at $50 with 3 seconds left in the auction and you end up winning at $12 because they don't have time to put in another bid. Got tired of losing a bunch of auctions and found that site. The good thing is that if you later change your mind, you can remove the bid so it never gets entered. It basically stops those bidding wars you're in right now. You get 3 free snipes when you sign up. (If you mention my ebay account of shrimrod, I'll get 3 free snipes)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
IIRC, just the tweeter covers were $24 apiece from the dealer, so I would say $40 would be the most I'd be willing to pay on eBay, even with the tweeters, since they're really not worth buying and installing. You can get a decent set of aftermarket tweeters for cheaper than $50.

JR

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too!

btw I am CharChar795 on ebay---

I dont think I have ever given my name on here lol

My name is Charlie for all of you wondering :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
auctionsniper.com omg.. that must be how I lost to 2003 mercury sable two tone leather seats with the airbags...

I had my bid on 199.99 than the last second no joke it sold to someone else at 200

boy I was pissed as the seats were brand new with 1200 miles on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts