Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started selling most of the computer stuff I had up for sale here on eBay, and it's gone pretty well so far, made about $80 minus fees, but I may have a problem. I put the gamepad up with a buy it now of $10, starting at $.01, no reserve, shipping at $4.60 for priority. I've only had one guy bid on it, and not many views; i think it's still under 30, and it ends tomorrow afternoon. If this is the only guy who bids, is there any way I can get out of selling it for one cent? I'll probably lose a little bit of money since I try to charge a low shipping price, and probably underestimated it.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that you set the price lower, so you get more bids, but apparently that's not how it works :p. I'll think about it.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Sell it and be done with it.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have a problem losing the item and the money to list and the difference on the shipping.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
You can post the link here to get a little more publicity to it. It's your auction and you are a supporter.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Have a friend win the auction, then you can both mutually consent to not buying it. No red marks on your eBay record that way.

Friend of mine and I always do that need be if the price is too low.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Have a friend win the auction, then you can both mutually consent to not buying it. No red marks on your eBay record that way.

[/b]

Which is why everyone calls ebay , fleabay.

He made the terms. It forces you to make a choice when you set the auction up.
Making a typo and making a bad decision are two different things.

Mike
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like having people you know bid on it, unless they actually want it, is kind of dishonest. I can see why people do it, though. I have less of a problem with just ending it; I could understand someone doing that if they were going to lose money, or decided to keep it. I actually noticed that I did put a typo in the title, but now that it's been bid on, I can't change anything. Live and learn; next time I'll start with a higher bid or put a reserve on it. Also, I thought linking to eBay auctions was against the rules no matter what.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I believe you can link your own auctions.

Mike
:dunno:

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Originally posted by from the rules
The only exception to the 'No Live Ebay Link' rule will be this: If you are the Ebay auction's seller and you are a TCCA Supporting Member or you have paid the classified fee, you are permitted to list your Ebay link in your post.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts

[/b]
:glare: illegal
and not to mention a slime ball move

·
Registered
161 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
:glare: illegal
and not to mention a slime ball move
[/b][/quote]

Illegal? Hardly. If both parties mutually consent to terminate the deal then it is fine.

Slimeball move? maybe :p

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it's up to 11 cents now. I guess I'll wait and see, and if it's not starting going up tonight, I'll think about cancelling it. For now, it can sit.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Well, it's up to 11 cents now. I guess I'll wait and see, and if it's not starting going up tonight, I'll think about cancelling it. For now, it can sit. [/b]
I got outbid :(

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
You started the bidding at 1 cent, no reserve. You should assume that it may sell for only 1 cent.

So you lose a couple bucks? It's not even enough to quibble over, you can hardly buy a large combo meal for that.... Just let it sell, lesson learned, be done with it.

(I considered bidding on it to drive the price higher, but I really don't need it)

:( He's willing to pay more than 19 too
[/b]
wanna bid on it, a nickle at a time? It's like a game of hot potato :D The winner is the loser

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For future reference, is there any way to set it so that it goes up more than a nickel at a time? Or is that just a function of how low the price is?

I'm guessing he's got his max bid at $5 or something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts