I've used a couple of those headlight restorers over the past couple of years with little success. They remained fogged over. To add insult to injury, one of the headlights was replaced, due to an accident, making the car looking like it had a cataract. This evening a decided to use a different approach. I removed the remaining, problematic, headlight assembly for easy cleaning. I made a paste using Comet household scrub and water. I cleaned the headlight and hand buffed the lens with the paste until it was a dry film. I wiped the film off of the lens then cleaned it with Citrus Cleaner Auto/Shop Degreaser (Regular window cleaner would probably work too. The Citrus Cleaner was just handy). I repeated the process two more times. Attached is a picture of the finished work. I could've kicked myself for not taking a before picture, but it just an experiment I wanted to try. I hope this may be useful.
41 KB Views: 103