Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the easiest way to install door tweeters? Is there any place where they can be mounted? What about wiring?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Get the tweeters and grills from a Mach or JBL equipped Taurus. That is the easiest and cleanest way to install. Otherwise you have to cut or drill something.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Just put the sail(triangular) tweeters in the top corner of the doors behind side view mirrors. Should be plug and play.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
If tweeter plugs arent there on a 99 (they deleted alot of crap being the last yr. of gen3) you can tap into door speaker wire. Make sure you have the mini sand bag filters on the tweeter wires.

·
Registered
587 Posts
if you do not have the tweeter pods notorious for gen3/4's. you can do it this way which if you plan on removing them after to sell the car "then do not do this". it involves a hole saw see link Hole saw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
what i do is take off both doors and "book match set " them at the same time and drill with the hole saw the exact size specified in the tweeters manual. i will find a flat spot in the door pads that can hold a tweet and use the hole saw and drill to put a hole in the door for the tweet. use a permanent marker to mark the exact spot were you want them. i have the type of hole saw with the changeable cups that screw on. i have used a tape measure too i put mine about 12 inches away so the woofer does not interfere with the tweet. also you can put them in the "a" pillar trim some time which is usually better then the door the wind shield is the a pillar the b pillar is the door pillar for the front driver side and so on a,b,c,d,e,f, etc... also are you running off the amp or the head unit if off the head unit you can use the series method for wiring them. parallel for amps some times this is if you do not have the x over card for a component set. if you read in the after market radio/amps manuals it will specify that they are stable at 4or 8 ohms for after market head units and amps 8-1 ohms for amps. sorry for such a long post.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just put the sail(triangular) tweeters in the top corner of the doors behind side view mirrors. Should be plug and play.
I took off the triangular cover and I see something like a plug for a tweeter behind, but no wires. Is there any aftermarket tweeter that actually fits in there with no mods?

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Dunno. If there is, prob. going to require some cutting and fabricating. Easiest solution is to slap some mach sail tweeters into existing space.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I took off the triangular cover and I see something like a plug for a tweeter behind, but no wires. Is there any aftermarket tweeter that actually fits in there with no mods?

ya there is that's how i did mine it's like a one inch tweeter. take the triangle cover off then pull the screw holding the tweet in then pull the tweet out of the holder. measre strait across should be a 1 inch or 1-1/4 inch tweet. with holder so do your reasearch one will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts