Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.boosthead.com/product.php

Don't know if anyone here has seen this but it is another avenue to supercharging, I would like to try it someday if no other avenue pans out , the other thing is they have a kit you can hook up to any make supercharger so you dont have to do any fabricating except for maybe mounting brackets :notworthy:

Cant say "IT ISN"T POSSIBLE" anymore, now all you jerks that jump all over everyone for asking SAY YOUR SORRY. :banana:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
One problem>

-Fits most engines up to 2.5L

Taurus engines, be it vulcan or duratec, are 3.0L

No workie

-Damon

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Damon got there first, but that's the first problem I found with it.

G

·
Originally posted by glaurick@Sep 22 2004, 09:57 PM

Don't know if anyone here has seen this but it is another avenue to supercharging, I would like to try it someday if no other avenue pans out , the other thing is they have a kit you can hook up to any make supercharger so you dont have to do any fabricating except for maybe mounting brackets :notworthy:

Cant say "IT ISN"T POSSIBLE" anymore, now all you jerks that jump all over everyone for asking SAY YOUR SORRY. :banana:
It's not that it's not possible, it's that most people wouldn't spend the money to SC their family four door sedan.

·
Registered
746 Posts
it works on larger displacement engines, but it gives less power increases. it gives the largest increase on engines 2.5l or smaller.

law of diminishing returns.

as for not being possible, anything is possible if you have enough pieces of green paper.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by glaurick@Sep 22 2004, 10:57 PM

Lol, looks like you got your own....

SAY YOUR SORRY!!! HA :lol2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Remember who makes it.
He CLAIMS 425HP, won't happen.
It is 3 starters bolted to an Eaton.
Custom wiring, batteries, intake, switches (to keep from smoking your factory wiring harness when this spins up for 15 seconds, drawing 20+ amps).
I am e-mailing a guy who bought one on ebay, just to see if he has a better experience with the maker than I did.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
<sarcasm>Woowhee! :banana: A $2000 supercharger that's only good for 15 seconds at a time!! Well ****, sign me up!! :thumb:</sarcasm>
Are you serious? $2000 for 15 seconds? <_< I'd be happier with a stiff tail wind than 15 seconds. ****, for 1/3 of that, you can get a +75 shot dry N2O kit and call it a day.

Didn't he also offer at one point a SC kit for the Vulcan? What happened to that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
He does, click on "My 'Knight'-mare" below. That is the Vulcan "kit". He states "400HP with SC posting", but the laws of physics won't allow it.
If you decide to get the "kit", you have to redo most of it if you want it to work. Don't expect it to run out of the box!
He is still using my photo on his site w/o permission... won't answer my e-mails either.

Sheeeesh! :angry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whatever, what the hell is with all the negativity, If he says it will get up to 20 psi then on a 3.0 taurus you should be able to get the 5-7 (which is all it could handle anywway, if you dont sue him for false advertising and get your money back, it's not the greatest thing after PB&J but hey it's something, any buttmunch know your not going to get 400 HP off this thing you'll probably be lucky to see 50 extra. It's a none Nitrous alternative, let me know how much your Nitrous system cost once you figure in a lifetime of refills and you'll only get about 15 seconds out of that anyway (and a lot less engine life), think before you speak

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by glaurick@Sep 27 2004, 09:02 PM
whatever, what the hell is with all the negativity,
Saying Thoman Knight in a Vulcan community is like saying the 'f' word during the moment of slience at Sunday mass. :unsure: To say that we don't trust his claims would be like calling Hurricane Ivan a stiff breeze. <_< To say... well, I think I made my point. :huh:

And before you start in on the "if you don't have anything nice to say blah blah blah", just remember one thing...
whatever, what the hell is with all the negativity,
You asked. :ph34r:

*edit*
And if you'd read the page carefully, you'd have see that the Eaton blower used in the kit can supply up to 20psi. Nowhere on that page does it say that the ESC 400 kit can supply 20psi. If you wanna get technical. That being said, on a 3.0L application (especially a Duratec or SHO engine, with it's increased breathing capability over a Vulcan), you'd be hard pressed to realize even 5psi, let alone an output increase of 75HP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What reason do you have for saying all tose things Racer X, nice attempt at making a point in the end of your post but it just didn't work for you

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by glaurick@Sep 29 2004, 09:03 PM
What reason do you have for saying all tose things Racer X, nice attempt at making a point in the end of your post but it just didn't work for you
huh, why dont you stop posting, as every time you look stupider and stupider!

G

·
Originally posted by Baby SHO+Sep 29 2004, 09:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Sep 29 2004, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-glaurick@Sep 29 2004, 09:03 PM
huh, why dont you stop posting, as every time you look stupider and stupider! [/b][/quote]
:withstupid:

Consider this your warning. Settle down, quit stirring things up and layoff the personal attacks.

^ that is directed to glaurick, just so it's clear.

I'd say that's enough nonsense for this thread.

:locked:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.