Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search the forum for dyno videos, and other videos...like that hillarious aerostar video.....but i get no results. I'm looking for the dyno of the 4th generation taurus on a dyno....just because i wanna hear those secondaries again......maybe we should have a section dedicated to videos and audio clips so its easier too get to these things?

Merry Christmas to All!!

~Chris

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Wasn't it CorbaPete's taurus on the dyno after he got dual exhaust and DP intake? Send him a PM, maybe he knows where to find a copy.

I think taurus dyno videos should be in the performance forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I totally agree with the idea to have a stable movie/clip download section on the Forum....the Soulcalibur.com has something similar and it works really great.

Plus people can submit their own movies on stable URLs..

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmmmmmmmm 2 posts on this... in almost 2 years? cooommooon!

lol

I'll even host the videos :p

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suuuure

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I also have all of DMX's videos

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Yea I had mine up for awhile, the secondaries didn't kick, because it doesn't have any, but you can hear it when the pedal got put down.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@May 4 2005, 10:39 AM
Yea I had mine up for awhile, the secondaries didn't kick, because it doesn't have any, but you can hear it when the pedal got put down.
Yes, sounds nice though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Originally posted by tmonster@Dec 24 2003, 09:46 PM
I search the forum for dyno videos, and other videos...like that hillarious aerostar video.....but i get no results. I'm looking for the dyno of the 4th generation taurus on a dyno....just because i wanna hear those secondaries again......maybe we should have a section dedicated to videos and audio clips so its easier too get to these things?

Merry Christmas to All!!

~Chris
what are the secondaries??

·
Registered
129 Posts
on a duratech motor, the engine only runs on 12 valves until abaout 3500 rpms or something and after that the remaining 12 valves open up with a good jolt of power. correct me if i am wrong, but those are the secondaries

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
All it does is give you the benefit of two intake manifolds. A lower flowing one to give you more low end torque (butterflies closed) and a high flowing one for more high RPM power (butterflies open).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by osiris98sho@Jun 19 2005, 01:49 PM
the v8 has them too..but i was under the impression that secondaries do not hamper nor improve performance either way...
Well from what I've read, running without the secondary butterfly valves... or with them open all the time won't cause any performance drawbacks except for a rough idle on really cold mornings. BUT if you were to run with the secondaries closed all the time... you better believe thats gonna run like V8 vulcan. :puke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts