Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the camera can't portray how loud these runs really are, and i'm not talking about the exhaust either. the V6 SHO engine is just brutal, and dave's intake on his G3 SHO is ungodly loud so crank the volume :D

link to vids :D

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all 3 of his runs his car did that and standing on the dyno next o the car it makes the whole dyno shift a bit you can definately feel it. to the best of our knowlege it is the torque converter lockup. the jolt also shows up in the dyno graph. his car was making my eyes and throat burn. damn 3rd cat.

my car smoked a LOT on the 4th run (the only run i did in 3rd gear, the others were in second) this was also the only run i looked in my mirrors and saw smoke pooring from the exhaust. after the run my car was smoking heavly from the crank area. but after the drive home it went away (about 1 hour) I think it got hot enough to burn everything clean

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by somedude@Aug 24 2004, 03:01 PM
all 3 of his runs his car did that and standing on the dyno next o the car it makes the whole dyno shift a bit you can definately feel it. to the best of our knowlege it is the torque converter lockup. the jolt also shows up in the dyno graph.
Every dyno vid of a genIII I have seen (mine did this too) that little stumble has happened. It is infact the TC lockup.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think (only speculation) making the 4 consecutive runs may have severly heated the oil and main oil seal and I think it may have started to burn off from the extreme heat. (I did leave coolant all over the dyno from my radiator, but that is fixed now) OR there was oil sitting on the block/bottom of oilpan/vlave covers/subframe/ect and the consecutive runs just got it hot enough to start smoking from the engine bay.

if you ment the exhaust smoke it running a bit on the rich side for some reason, but with numbers like I made I don't think anything is broken. 186,2XX miles at the time of the dyno, I think it might just be tired. but I would like to think something is broken so I can fix it and go faster. :burnout:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts