Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my friendly neighborhood auto repair shop today inquiring about a block heater for my '99SE 24v and he had a tough time tracking one down. Apparantly Ford stopped making a whole 'kit' for the block heater and just pieces it together (for over $100), and the Alldata service didn't show much in the way of installation either. And since the Duratec (see- no 'h') is all aluminum there are no frost plugs, just small threaded and capped holes, one just left of the oil filter and one in the right rear of the engine. So- for those who have a block heater on their 24 valve '96-'99 model year Taurus' (Taurii?) or Sables, would you, could you, tell me where the heater element is located (front or rear)? I'm going to check FordPartsNetwork and the local part shops and see if they have any available. My car starts just fine when it's -20 below here in MN thanks to synthetic oil, it's that I only drive 7 miles to work and it's fricking hard on the car to drive that short a distance when it's that $#@!&^%$ cold out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See what happens to your brain when it freezes? OK, it's DURATEC!!!

A local parts store found one for me that screws into the front plug next to the oil filter. It's made by Zerostart and it's under $30

1 - 3 of 3 Posts