Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we all know how this one would turn out
But I had to try
As I was pulling out of K-Mart, I was right behind a red 98+ Chevy Camaro SS so I got next to him and we both took off. He pulled on me slightly until somewhere around 30mph, then ZOOM! He went FLYING off, doing at least 60 in a 45! Met him at the next stop light and gave him a thumbs up. He reved the engine, and sped off.

Oh well, it was fun

I DID beat some kind of mid-size Japanes SUV the other day, though, so my record in the Sable is now 1-1-1 (Camaro-SUV-MR2 respectively)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I'm pretty sure you stayed up with him up to 30 because:

1) He didn't know you were racing

or

2) He was going slow to avoid taction problems at take off

Those LS1 cameros are some fast mofo's. It's kind of funny that you think you have enough low-end torque to keep up with a small block chevy, especially in the duratec -AKA- the torqueless wonder.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A buddy of mine has a supercharged LT1 in his 94 Trans Am. So one night, just for laughs we took it out to a road common for drag racing, lined em up, and took off. I didn't even stand a chance, he pulled on me off that line and left me in a cloud of smoke, and when i got out of the smoke, he was like 4 car lengths ahead of me. We used my Gtech Pro to measure his hp and it told us he had 410. Over doubled my hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts