Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The motors mounts are bad on my car so I plan on replacing both of them and the transmission mount. I've read pretty much every thread I could find on here regarding motor mounts and none of them really give a clear walk through of how to replace these on a duratec. Car is already up on jack stands, passenger front tire removed and wheel well cover. How do I access the top 2 bolts(15mm?) on the front mount? I can't seem to get a straight shot on it, something is always in the way. I read somewhere I need to drop the subframe? If anyone can provide a better walk through for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
How do you know the mounts are bad? What are the symptoms?

I ask this because I suspect mine might be bad too. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you know the mounts are bad? What are the symptoms?

I ask this because I suspect mine might be bad too. Thanks.
I had a pretty noticeable vibration while accelerating so i had my wife put the car in drive and reverse while hitting the gas(foot on the brake of course). The engine moved about 3 inches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on my progess changing the mounts. I got the front mount in but the rear is being a pain. The rear mount is in but the bolt wont thread through the bracket. It goes in one side but the other side isn't lined up correctly. Any suggestions on how to get the rear mount to line up with the bracket? Im going to mess with it this weekend. I really dont want to bring it to a shop especially since i got this far. Need to get this done before my trip across the country!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just a guess from my experience in changing mounts and getting the same issues. The rear of the motor (in my cases) had to be jacked up abit to align the bolt holes. In my case it seemed like the motor had slipped backwards and down which unalligned the holes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The motor mounts are bad on my car so I plan on replacing both of them and the transmission mount. I've read pretty much every thread I could find on here regarding motor mounts and none of them really give a clear walk through of how to replace these on a duratec. Car is already up on jack stands, passenger front tire removed and wheel well cover. How do I access the top 2 bolts(15mm?) on the front mount? I can't seem to get a straight shot on it, something is always in the way. I read somewhere I need to drop the subframe? If anyone can provide a better walk through for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
How were you able to access the top 2 bolts located on the front mount? And getting to line up the rear mount twith the bracket is harder.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts