Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working with Nikolas at Draxas to get a 75mm Pro-M MAF to work on my 1996 24V. We've tried two different calibrations from Pro-M w/o luck. Can someone tell me for sure the stock injector size for the Duratec engine?

[Note: I did search, but only found the numbers for every version of Taurus but the 24V
]

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My 75mm MAF works fine. I think it might have something to do with I sent my MAF in and got the Pro-M calibrated to my MAF and my car. Even though are MAFs should be the sme. Have you though about sending in your MAF and having one made for it like I did?? Even though when I did it, it was only cause their were none out their. Just a thought.

If it make you feel better, when i got mine going, I don't think I felt anything. But it does look better, assuming you get the chrome "bullet" one

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we were discussing this on DP's old forum, weren't we?

We tried one unit with Pro-M's calibration for 1996 (which is my year) and now I've got one calibrated for 1999, which also doesn't work. Right now, I have no other car to use, so surrendering the stock MAF isn't an option. When one of my other cars is usable again, maybe I can try that option

B

·
0 Posts
I have Dman's old stock MAF. If you think that would work, and it's OK with Dylan, you can have it to use while you send your MAF out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I want to say that the injectors on the duratec at least mine are 19lb injectors.
I have two sets both duratecs from a 96 and a 99 both are 19lb injectors. I looked up the part numbers. I doubt the 97 or the 98 have 24lb injectors. I know the Gen3 SHO does, but I think all 96-99 duratec used 19lb injectors.
levi

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by theman21@Feb 27 2004, 03:51 AM
I want to say that the injectors on the duratec at least mine are 19lb injectors.
I have two sets both duratecs from a 96 and a 99 both are 19lb injectors. I looked up the part numbers. I doubt the 97 or the 98 have 24lb injectors. I know the Gen3 SHO does, but I think all 96-99 duratec used 19lb injectors.
levi
Gen 3 SHO's have 19lb injectors. The style also varies depending on the year. IIRC, the 99's swithched to the pencil style like the Duratec has. Prior to that they had the shorter style.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked up injectors in the Ford Parts Network catalog. It shows the 96-98 as the same part. Curiously, 99, 00, and 01 are all listed as different parts. Then 02-04 are listed as the same. The gen 3 listings go right along with what Bob is saying.

On the other hand, for the MAF, 96-98 are the same part, then 99 and 00 each have different listings and 01-03 are the same. Then in 04 is different (I think that's the integrated MAF.)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Bob the MAF you got is one I bought off someone on TCCA. Do what you want with it BoB, it's their to hopefully help someone out. It is from a 98. And I had to buy it because I didn't want to be with out my car when the MAF was sent in. DP should have programmed for my 98 also. Unless that's the one their calling the 96 or 99 you said you tried.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the information I have now, I'm not very hopeful. The MAF I have now is supposed to be programmed for a 99, which shows different injectors and MAF in the catalog than my 96. I've already tried their programming for the 96.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts