Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 98 mercury sable with vulcan powah. My question though, is, is it possible to put a duratec dual exhaust on my car? Let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Yes, of course it is. Go to an auto parts shop and ask for a replacement rear y-pipe for a 1996 Ford Taurus LX 3.0 Duratec. You will get a pipe that clamps right on where the rear suspension is and you can put whatever mufflers you want on it (hopefully some nice flowing ones) . My friend bought one, it was like $50 Canadian ($35 US) It's pretty cheap to do.

Alternatively you can have an exhaust shop do the work for you, but it'll be more expensive. Later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats cool. I work at a automotive distributing plant, so i can get stuff for cheap. I was thinking about getting some flowmaster 40's. My other question is, am I going to need someone to weld any of this? or can I do it all myself?

BTW, welcome back Twilight!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Thanks.

If you can weld, then weld the mufflers, tips, and pipes all together yourself then take it to a muffler shop and ask them to install it, it should be pretty cheap that way (unless you feel confident welding under your own car). Alternatively you can clamp it together, that's actually what I did with mine, and the mufflers themselves rusted before the clamps did. Welding is always a better choice though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts