Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just sittin here at work (lol, gotta love gettin paid to check the forums ;D) and still debating whether I really want to get a '92-'93 SHO or a newer 'tec and try some stuff that only a few people have done, including a MTX swap. ;)

I was wondering if there's some sort of whitepaper on the 'tec showing what it can take, etc. What would REALLY be nice would be a complete 3D model of a gen4 tec, inside and out, but I highly doubt someone would have something as complex as that.

The idea of having my own turbo/sc SHO is a great thought, but the idea of having a newer 'tec mod'd to put out, say, 250hp or more just seems so much sweeter, even if it can't run with the bad boys. :D

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Jul 17 2004, 01:17 PM
What would REALLY be nice would be a complete 3D model of a gen4 tec, inside and out, but I highly doubt someone would have something as complex as that.
What I meant with that was actually an inquiry if anyone had a 3D model of the ENTIRE taurus, not just the engine. Thought anything would be great. :)

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i had $120 and a knack for 3dsmax, i might actually buy this....this could be a great platform to develop exterior (and possibly eventually interior/under the hood?) mods and see how they look (not just photoshop)

actually, if i can get enough interest, i might not mind making this a sort-of "donation" to the tcca and its users who do this 3d modeling stuff to play around with. of course, contributions would be accepted, but the cost seems small to me compared to the possibilities of what this could be used for

so, now i ask the question: is there anyone on the boards here interested in playing with this model? it seems like a great building block (though at only 1.1mb, i'm sort of curious as to if that's even possible with 75,000 polygons in a 3ds model, cause that seems mighty compressed :D)

maybe this could also be converted to possibly solidworks or something else...i'm starting the ball rolling, let's see what interest pops up :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
hate to ruin your dreams....but that taurus seems to be missing the fender badge of a duratec....so even if it did include engine thing, wouldnt it be a vulcan engine?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't think anything's animated, but here's a few others on the site...

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Inde...ion/FullPreview (nascar taurus)
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Inde...ion/FullPreview (gen3 sable)
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Inde...ion/FullPreview (uncolored gen4 taurus)

not sure how hard these would be to manipulate and add animations to
but my offer still stands on the gen4 if people want to try animations, etc....
or perhaps we could start a small fund and buy the taurus and sable models :)

just throwin out suggestions...i wish i did this cad stuff :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dude, that's badass. not quite down to each pipe's curve (i guess that requires cad), but still pretty sweet...esp in the explosions! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts