Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Duratec 12,000miles/1 Year

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  pc_marine 
#1 ·
After 1 year and 12,000 mile I can report only 1 problem with the sunroof which was fixed(loose nut), the 03TaurusSES Sport is solid and no complaints.

Pete

See less See more
#6 ·
Originally posted by jason8225+Mar 20 2004, 05:49 PM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Mar 20 2004, 05:49 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Mar 20 2004, 12:41 PM
I love my sport... but i've had a lotta problems
really??? what has happened to it?
[/b]
Well, heres a list..

-Leather Steering wheel is coming unwrapped

-door adjar switched had to be replaced

-rear door handel was out of alignment and it was hard to open the handel

-the paint had overspray on it, lil silver specles on the paint.. and windows

-My engine makes a poping noise when i tap the gas, and a grinding noise if i go WOT then release when right away when it hits 4000rpms

-steering wheel squeaks when i turn it

-supsenson or something squeaks when going over even slight bumps

-and the latest one my right headlight has condensatoin in it..

-oh and when they put the door back together after replacing the door adjar switch they mounted the locking knob on the top of the door.. too high so it sticks out like ohh 4 inches when its unlocked!! and 3 when its locked.. *sigh*

#7 ·
Originally posted by afi292@Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM
-oh and when they put the door back together after replacing the door adjar switch they mounted the locking knob on the top of the door.. too high so it sticks out like ohh 4 inches when its unlocked!! and 3 when its locked.. *sigh*
That's crazy
Can you get a picture of that? That's gotta to be something worth seeing.

As for me just a warped brake rotor and a few recalls. Nothing major other than what I caused.
Oh wait, one of the catalytics crapped out and threw a CEL code. Fixed under warranty no problem, same with the brake rotor.

-mobiuslogic

#8 ·
Originally posted by mobiuslogic+Mar 20 2004, 06:54 PM-->QUOTE (mobiuslogic @ Mar 20 2004, 06:54 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM
That's crazy
Can you get a picture of that? That's gotta to be something worth seeing.

As for me just a warped brake rotor and a few recalls. Nothing major other than what I caused.
Oh wait, one of the catalytics crapped out and threw a CEL code. Fixed under warranty no problem, same with the brake rotor.

-mobiuslogic [/b]
haha yeah ill take a picture of it tomorrow

#9 ·
Originally posted by afi292+Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM-->QUOTE (afi292 @ Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM)
Originally posted by jason8225@Mar 20 2004, 05:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292

Well, heres a list..

-My engine makes a poping noise when i tap the gas, and a grinding noise if i go WOT then release when right away when it hits 4000rpms

-oh and when they put the door back together after replacing the door adjar switch they mounted the locking knob on the top of the door.. too high so it sticks out like ohh 4 inches when its unlocked!! and 3 when its locked.. *sigh* [/b]
Wow dude that sucks!

On the gen 4's I've had this was the problems:

2000 SEL. No problems. Ran like a champ.

2001 SE. Oil Pan Gasket went bad @ 70k miles. This was a Ford defect and actually applies to all gen 4's. They issued a revised oil pan gasket with clips and bolts. It only costs about 40 bucks to buy. I don't think they have issued a recall, though. The coolant expansion tank also cracked. Ford has also issued a revised version of that. This also hasn't been recalled but is a very common occurance in the gen 4's.

And thats it!

-Kyle

G
#10 ·
Originally posted by afi292@Mar 20 2004, 03:46 PM
Well, heres a list..

For the door lock, if you remove the door panel, you can push that plastic peice back over the metal rod. You may be able to do it without removing the door panel but if it doesn't want to go down, you might bend something during the process.

G
#11 ·
Originally posted by afi292+Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM-->QUOTE (afi292 @ Mar 20 2004, 06:46 PM)
Originally posted by jason8225@Mar 20 2004, 05:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292

Well, heres a list..

-oh and when they put the door back together after replacing the door adjar switch they mounted the locking knob on the top of the door.. too high so it sticks out like ohh 4 inches when its unlocked!! and 3 when its locked.. *sigh* [/b]
That really isn't too horrible, considering more serious problems experienced with other cars, but it does suck that you had those problems with a new car.

I didn't even count them as problems, but since you did I have had the following:

squeaky steering wheel (in cold weather) - I think it's because of the lubricant they use

I get the suspension squeak but I think I got rid of it. After Ford replaced my struts from sliding into a curb, they didn't tighten down the brackets for the FSTB - so I tightened them and that got rid of most of the rattling over bumps, but like you said it was only slight bumps. It's still there a little bit, but I'm not sure what it is. Some day when I feel like wasting $100 on my ESP deductible I'll make them deal with it and while I'm there I'll make them deal with the following problem:

backlight on the right side of my tach went out

That's it for me though. Every car will have it's share of problems and if these are the worst of ours *knocks on wood* then I can't complain.

#12 ·
Mine has been perfect for the last 40k. Better sell it soon

#13 ·
2002 SEL -

Transmission cooler line broke @ 400 miles
Some engine sensor who's abbreviation escapes me @ 5000 miles
Front rotors warped @ 10000 miles
Front rotors warped @ 19000 miles
Front windshield seal leaking @ 22000 miles
Front end of the car crunched by an idiot in a BMW @ 23000 miles
Front windshield seal leaking @ 24000 miles
[edit - passenger side inner CV boot slung it's grease @ 30000 miles]
Front rotors warped @ 33000 miles
AC compressor clutch destroyed itself @ 35900 miles (how's that for a close call!)

And the chain in the AX4N makes a lovely noise at low RPMs going uphill - has since 5000 miles. I'm currently at 41000 miles.

Must've been built on a Friday.

#14 ·
Originally posted by jlervine@Mar 21 2004, 11:53 AM
2002 SEL -

Transmission cooler line broke @ 400 miles
Some engine sensor who's abbreviation escapes me @ 5000 miles
Front rotors warped @ 10000 miles
Front rotors warped @ 19000 miles
Front windshield seal leaking @ 22000 miles
Front end of the car crunched by an idiot in a BMW @ 23000 miles
Front windshield seal leaking @ 24000 miles
[edit - passenger side inner CV boot slung it's grease @ 30000 miles]
Front rotors warped @ 33000 miles
AC compressor clutch destroyed itself @ 35900 miles (how's that for a close call!)

And the chain in the AX4N makes a lovely noise at low RPMs going uphill - has since 5000 miles. I'm currently at 41000 miles.

Must've been built on a Friday.
Yeah, Friday the 13th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.