Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the 02's brakes this weekend with only 19k miles on it (wife's car :eek: ) as front & rear are shot... especially the rears. I'm going to go with the PFC pads from Autozone but on rotors... they sell Duralast vs Valucraft rotors, the Duralast are $35 and the Valucraft are $20... I haven't seen them but I'd like to see if anyone has evaluated wither of these. Thanks....

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I got the ValuCraft and they are still working great with ~22k on them. I dont own the car anymore, but I sold it to my brother so I know how its doin. I think the Duralast's have a longer warranty, but you & me know they'll be warped eventually, so I wouldnt spend any extra money on them.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i have the value craft on my 94 with probly about 25k on them. they work fine with the PFC pads. just rember to torque the lug nuts down correctly other wise they will warp. (that is also true with pricey rotors)

I am hoping to step up to TCe's Sho stopper breaks soon :-D

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I can see the fronts going, but the rears????

Does she leave the parking brake on a lot or does she use it to powerslide into the corners? I think you need to limit her amount of time watching WRC on Speedvision :p

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Left footer......

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was passing by and saw the discussion...
I had QS pads and Rotors from Raybestos on my 00 for 15 months now. I have severe vibration on steering wheel due to warped rotors.

My experience with QS pads are not good, they don't grab like PFC pads, breaking distance got longer after the installation but they are very quiet and dust free.

And I decided to go with what people are suggesting here...I'll do the installation on weekend...

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I suspect that Valucraft and Duralast are the same rotor, with different part numbers for warranty control. I think the extra $15 pays for the risk A/Z takes on with the longer warranty period. Of course, if you do the job right, you won't get warping anyway, so the warranty is moot.

Just remember to torque those lug nuts properly! :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
And stay the hell away from Wal-Mart when getting your tires rotated, even if it is for free! :curse:

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I have Duralast on my car because i wanted 1 year warranty. I worked at autozone and could not tell the difference between Duralast and ValuCraft rotors. I also have Duralast gold pads on my car. The are quite and very little brake dust.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I think my 03' came from the factory with ceramic pads. I know that ford was changing the brake pads for that year, and I can tell a bid difference. There is almost no dust. I have to drive at least 3 weeks or a few hundred miles to start seeing any good signs of brake dust. I don't know if they stop any better though. I think they fade a little less than the cheapo Discount Auto pads I had on my old 00' :lol2:
I am just glad that the rotors are a tad bigger than they were on my 00'

·
Registered
67 Posts
Put the AutoZone $19.95 apice brake rotors on the front axle using the existing brake pads on my 02' Sable Wagon 6 weeks ago, they work great, no warping. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts