Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1996 Taurus LX (Duratec of course) has been sitting for a week or 2 awaiting for the power steering rack to be replaced...I've been starting it every other day, if not every day. Starting it a few times recently I noticed it would stumbled down to about 250 rpms, then catch itself and then idle perfect. Then i made a mistake...I started it up one night and forgot about it running in the driveway...it idled for almost 2 hours. I took it out for a spin the next day, and I notice the car has no power....I can spin the tires..but after that it struggles between 30 and 40....then is fine till about 60 and then starts struiggling again. The tranny is shifting fine, and no lights are on. Do you think I clogged my converters..or maybe the plugs are fouled up....any idea's??

I gotta get it in for NYS inspection this week, along with getting the new rack, tierods, and sway bar links installed......

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna disconnect the battery tonight to reset the computer.... And I'm gonna check the plugs...I just cleaned the intake out a month or two ago...... by the way cammer I LOVE your whip... Anyone else???

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've driven it for a few days, its seems to be back to its old self. I've been driving a V6 Grand Am and I think I got used to the racket that engine makes when you accelerate....I forgot how quiet the Duratec really is...

Theres a slight dead spot from 30-40, but I put in a new IMRC and never reset the computer...I'm thinking thats what it probably is... I did 110 easy this morning

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Just a side note, I still am the only one who can claim the DuraBling title, unless you can dethrone me with some l33t krome skillz. :D ;)

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah well anytime i post a topic it gets ignored 80% of the time...so I figured I'd add some bling to get the attention needed :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts