Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I had a pretty bad night.

I get to work and it turns out that one of the cooks were sick, so I get to work with my girlfriends cousin (its at her familys restaurant)

Well the whole night, hes yelling at me to be busy and do stuff that the regular cook (the head cook) doesnt tell me to do and such, what I usually do the head cook tells me I did a good job at.

anyway, what hes been saying is "your the laziest person in the world" and "your worthless, you wont amount to anything in your life" etc.

Ive just been ignoring it beacuse I really cant say anything back (him being her cousin) so im just holding everything in.

When I go to leave, every night the head cook makes me somthing before I go, and tonight he goes "You did a terrible job, you dont get anything, you dont even diserve the pay, you did nothing"

so I walk out saying "that makes me feel good, i got paid for not doing anything then, i must have skills"

I dont know what I can do to get back at him, My girlfriend told me to just ignore it and ignore him, and ive been trying, but it just keeps getting to me.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 for the Zorin.

Will the GF get pissed if you make an ass of yourself?

-FOX-
[/b]
No, not really, im more worried what the rest of her family would think of me though, beacuse ive been with her for 11 months and its kind of serious, i dont want them all hating me for somthing stupid like this.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
knock him out.

actually, chances are that since hes family, they ALREADY know hes an *******. just get the leader of the pack (the dad or mom or whatever) and ask em how to deal with him. they might think better of you for trying to talk out the problem instead of starting some crap at their business.

if that doesnt work, THEN knock him out.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I've learned that it isn't worth worrying about what family members, in-laws, and friends of the family think.

Getting revenge on some prick is worth more than all of their opinions.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
if that doesnt work, THEN knock him out.

This post has been edited by Giant: Today, 09:41 PM
[/b]
Afterthought FTW!

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
find a new job. if buffalo is anything like Canada, restaurant jobs are a dime a dozen. Restaurant jobs are shittt to begin with and you don't need the anxiety related to working with a douche like that. I know he us not your regular partner, but it will make things less confusing in the future if you stay with your gf and work somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
how much longer will you have to deal with him? if it was a one night thing or for just a few nights while the reg cook is sick just grin and bear it.

if its for longer, look to get out 1st and set up new work then knock him out or if youre not the violent type just tell him like it is. if the family knows hes an ******* they wont be that mad at you and if they are mad chances are theyre ******** too. in that case its only a matter of time before they dont like you for something unless you walk on eggshells all the time with them.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I'm partially with X, proving anything to the in-laws/family shouldn't even come into the picture. If they're paying any attention(maybe it's a test), you being the "bigger" man and walking away, they'll notice. Because we all know revenge is always the best course of action.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I only work with him once in awhile, ive been there 2 months and worked with him 3 times. This time was by far the worse.

The family is a close knit family, all living in Buffalo, and their the type that once they have dirt on you, the entire family will know and shun you.

I dont really care, they do that to their own cousins/aunts/uncles, its just my girlfriends nuclear family I care about and they dont like him at all either.

Theres two main reasons why I dont come at him, 1. I have somthing on him that I promised my girlfriend id never bring up, family secret, so I gotta hold that in, and if I go off, thats comming out, and then yeah..

and 2. Hes 37, and a body builder. Im 19, and lets say non-atheltetic, if i do anything to hurt him, it would have to knock him out for awhile so i can get the hell out of there.

I have been looking for a new job, believe me. The head chef is aware, he told me to just do what i normally do and ignore him. But like I said, the first hour or two I could ignore, but continuously for 5-6 hours is quite pushing.

I think he gets more mad though that him being an ******* doesnt affect me, that he can see, and that in fact it backfired on him. I was making a plate and he told me to go grab him some wings, beacuse he wasnt going to do my job for me while I was busy, so i told him to wait, and took my time. The waitresses started complaining at him, he told them I wouldnt grab them, they saw I was busy, so they looked at him "well why didn you get them?"

then later on in the night, i notice hes about to put an order out without even putting the panini on the gril, i go "you might want to put that on the grill" hes like, "NO, YOU DO IT, RIGHT NOW!" i just stood there, he was like "GO" then I camly go "im not doing your job for you", he yelled at me to do it again, I started eating some chips and sipping my drink, he stormed off and put it on.

Mind you, If this was the head cook, hes very nice, I do almost anything he asks, and other way around, if he sees that im busy, he will do it for me. Thats how a kitchen is supposed to work AFIAK.

I guess thats what happens to a person when they are raised on daddy's money, doesnt get an education and becomes a drug addict, daddy retires, and he thinks he can run the company however he wants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts