Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my 2003 Sable for about 6 years now. Back when I originally got it, there were no possibilities for installing a head unit in dash because of my EATC. In reterning here, I see that there is now a dash kit for EATC models for 2003's. Its a stupid question, but did they finally release a product for my car, or am I missing something?

Second question. I went ahead and installed my HU in my armrest years ago. Every now and then I have to re-do all of the connections behind the HU because I guess they just get jostled over time. Recently my subwoofer quit working, and after I re-did all of the connections to the HU, Amp, and sub itself, I still have no luck. The green power light is on the amp, so i think thats fine. Any suggestions of what to try?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
144 Posts
first question:
cheapest price I found,
Metra 99-5718 (met-995718) - Dash Kits - Sonic Electronix

Second question:
my only thoughts would be

1. head units rca output is bad (had that happen with a sony radio a while back)
2. amplifier speaker output is bad
3. blown subwoofer (I hope not :()
4. amplifier low level (or high level whichever your using) input is bad
5. a short somewhere

thats all I can think of now, basically anything including the audio signal to and from the head unit

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool. Thanks for the responses! I really do gotta get this thing working, cause life is hard without my 18" sub to cheer me up :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for the responses! I really do gotta get this thing working, cause life is hard without my 18" sub to cheer me up :)
I know the feeling. If my sub stops working, other than work, all other things get bumped down on the things to do list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts