Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right spot for this question. I need to find a good place for gauges in 2 1/16 size. I was thinking of the Ractive Blue Carbon Fiber or the highly expensive AutoMeter C2's. Needing Fuel and Oil Pressure in a electric format. Has anyone used either or konw of some that they could recommend?
Thanks in advance.
:evil:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
What i did was found the autometer model number of the gauges i wanted from their website and then used froggle and ebay to find the best price. I almost went with the C2 or the cobalt series since they have the glo effect but they were too expensive, decided to go with the phantom series and use the green bulb cover they provide with them, might be the blue blub cover instead though when i change the glo gauges for my instrument panel.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I prefer Autometer. IMO they are the most accurate. Most of the fancy indiglo and multi-color gauges are just for show, and aren't much more accurate than the stock Ford gauges. They are much more expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I bought the autometer Artic White with black number's and black needle, plus I am putting blue bulb cover's on. They were the cheapest of the Auto Meters that I liked. I still really want the C2's.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
where did you get the pod is my question i would to get one for my gen 4 sable.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
The ones that are made for the 94-02 mustang hardtops will work as long as they are not a full pillar.

Autometer makes a 2 pod application, part number 10120

Unfortunately no one makes a three pod or three pod pillar for the gen3 or 4 taurus

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by hightecredneck@Jul 8 2004, 12:39 PM
The ones that are made for the 94-02 mustang hardtops will work as long as they are not a full pillar.

Autometer makes a 2 pod application, part number 10120

Unfortunately no one makes a three pod or three pod pillar for the gen3 or 4 taurus
man i would love me a three-pod pillar for a gen4 :)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Jul 8 2004, 03:30 PM
man i would love me a three-pod pillar for a gen4 :)
I wish there were more that felt that way. I was only able to collect about 3-4 names (you were one of them) of people that would be interested in having a company make one for us but we needed 25 people for them to do it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got everything in and installed. So glad I can watch my oil pressure now.
Here is a picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts