Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone interested here are the photos I took. I have this setup for a long time now. It did cost me about $150. No mufflers and glass pack in place of resonator .

and a VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Io4hcaryc8

It seems a little raspy in the video but its really not.

·
Registered
179 Posts
oh... mine was $120, no glass packs, all new pipes from the felx pipe back, my guy bent the pipes right there on site, took 2 hours...

are yours true dual or split at the back axle?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Little Blue V6 @ May 28 2010, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807444
oh... mine was $120, no glass packs, all new pipes from the felx pipe back, my guy bent the pipes right there on site, took 2 hours...

are yours true dual or split at the back axle?[/b]

My spark plugs have less than 30K miles on them so I won't replace them yet as far as the pipes go, its split at the back . You can see that the pictures. Pipe goes around the tank . Yeah , mine took also about 2 hours to bend.

BTW, nice sounding bull. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
your's does sound great, i forgot to put that in there before the popcorn sound comment... my mistake...

that looks like the stock pipe a bit back, if you have the time/money get every from the cat (or flex, i dont know if 4g's have the flex) replaced, the pipes are stuffed with fiberglass bating to quiet it down... it will make a difference in the sound you get...

·
Registered
179 Posts
no loss here, slight increase in power, mostly unnotisable, but my MPG's have gone up, i'm getting 40+ extra miles out every full tank, depending on the driving i'm doing... if you don't mess with the cats (i.e. cut them out or gut them) you'll be fine... besides, messing with those you'll start throwing codes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts