Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, im looking to invest into a performance muffler soon, probably with my tax money, and im browsing for sounds and reviews of mufflers.

So far im leaning towards the magnaflows, then flowmaster. But, alas, my problem is that there is no review or audio clip of a DTM Magnaflow muffler, so this is where im at.

Im considering something like this one
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-muffl...px?kc=ffproduct
or something like this
http://www.race-mart.com/items/products/ma...4816-detail.htm

I visited a performance muffler shop called AA Performance, located in Englewood, Colorado in case if anyone from here head of them, and they quoted me 275$ total, tho they did not state which magnaflow muffler they will install, but it will be dual outlet

I prefer not to use a welded dual tip on a single outlet, but thats just me, any thoughts? possibly audio clips?

p.s. i have no idea if this is the right forum for this thread >_<

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a delta flowmaster 40 dual outlet. It's nice, and I'm happy with it, but it's not what I really wanted. What I really wanted was dual exhaust.

Anyway make sure you do get welded tips though. I have some bolt on ones now because I couldn't make up my mind at the muffler shop. I'm going to have to go back and get some welded on ones.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that does sound tasty... lol

the one exhaust that wows me on here is by FFVulcanPowah, that bull sounds mean!

which also brings me to this, should i go with the single dual outlet muffler or dual exhaust with single outlet mufflers?? i am wanting/planing on doing dual exhaust with dual outlet muff's HOPEFULLY by the end of the year, but the price gets pretty tight when you cant do it yourself :neutral:

·
Registered
524 Posts
My local muffler shop quoted me $250 to do the dual including labor and the new pipe.

Dude, goodguitar5150 I just noticed we lived close to each other. I live in York, PA.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
QUOTE (03FordTaurus @ Apr 15 2010, 09:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797600
My local muffler shop quoted me $250 to do the dual including labor and the new pipe.

Dude, goodguitar5150 I just noticed we lived close to each other. I live in York, PA.[/b]
damn we should get some people to mini meet sometime!

and as for mufflers, to actually be a contributor here, i did mine myself with a free flowmaster 40, that my buddy gave me, i have another one laying around if anyone wants it...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You don't need to run a dual outlet muffler if you want dual tips. A single outlet muffler (or mufflers) with a dual tip will work just fine. All of my exhaust setups have been single outlet mufflers w/ dual tips. B)

Glad you like my exhaust. It's very very illegal. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Apr 15 2010, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797667
You don't need to run a dual outlet muffler if you want dual tips. A single outlet muffler (or mufflers) with a dual tip will work just fine. All of my exhaust setups have been single outlet mufflers w/ dual tips. B)

Glad you like my exhaust. It's very very illegal. :lol:[/b]
yes, your exhaust is very tasty, haha

So, now im leaning towards the dual exhaust setup with single tip mufflers... but that place i told you, AA Performance, is asking for 550$ total (piping included) o.o

maybe i can source out the piping and mufflers myself and have them install it??

I've read that a Y pipe from the older SHO's should work and would i use just the same straight pipe from another 00' taurus for the passenger side? both sides seems identical.... seems anyways :blink:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The rear section from a G3 SHO works, but is difficult to find.

$550 for a "dual" exhaust is absolutely outrageous. All they have to do is run a pipe to the passenger side, and weld some mufflers on. You really don't have to touch the stock exhaust piping before the rear suspension, it's a good size.

Do yourself a favor, and purchase the mufflers and tips from an outside source. That way you can avoid the markup that the shop would charge. A dual setup on the rear of a Taurus shouldn't be more than $200 + parts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Apr 15 2010, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797814
The rear section from a G3 SHO works, but is difficult to find.

$550 for a "dual" exhaust is absolutely outrageous. All they have to do is run a pipe to the passenger side, and weld some mufflers on. You really don't have to touch the stock exhaust piping before the rear suspension, it's a good size.

Do yourself a favor, and purchase the mufflers and tips from an outside source. That way you can avoid the markup that the shop would charge. A dual setup on the rear of a Taurus shouldn't be more than $200 + parts.[/b]
thats what i thought... thank you for the input :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts