Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just changed my plugs and wires and driving it when i let off the gas it drones like a low whistle, almost exactly like if you were blowing over a beer bottle. i can tell its coming from the intake. but other than that sound there doesnt seem to be any problems, no codes, runs fine. any help?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it matter if I didn't neccisarily use the right length wire. I used the shorter ones for the close ones and the longer ones for the farthest ones but I didn't lay them out and make sure the use the shortest one for the closest the 2nd shortest for the 2nd closest etc. Could that make a difference?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Would it matter if I didn't neccisarily use the right length wire. I used the shorter ones for the close ones and the longer ones for the farthest ones but I didn't lay them out and make sure the use the shortest one for the closest the 2nd shortest for the 2nd closest etc. Could that make a difference?
Not really. If it was a plug wire issue, you would be getting skips and misfires. Make sure you didn't knock a vacuum line loose somewhere.
Did you pull the UIM to change plugs? Could be a gasket leak, which doesn't always throw a CEL right away.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Upper Intake Manifold. Now you know what a LIM is also!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
no i didnt take it off. i checked everything over and all hoses are good. i took my cold air intake off for the winter and i figured while i had some time id put the filter back in the fenderwell and i cant hear it anymore. i dont know if i just cant hear it anymore or somehow some weird turbulences were going on with it in"short ram" version. its just weird that it happened after i did the change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts