Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner must have taken the DRL fuse out. When I replaced it, the headlights come on when the headlight switch it turned off and stay on even when the ignition is not in the run position. Does this sound like a DRL module problem?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
What car and year do you have? :chili:

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
yes, drl module is shot, you can:

pull the fuse again
replace the module
replace the module with a jumper from a non DRL car (same affect as pulling the fuse, just harder

Brad

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I don't like DRL's personally - the module in mine was dying a very slow death - every once in a while the DRL would start flickering, but the headlamps are fine if it turn them on. So i just unplugged the module. Now, no stupid DRL's, but low and high beams work as normal. Sometimes you can do this, but some vehicles have to have the DRL module plugged in for the headlamps to work. And you may need them to work if you ever want the car to pass a safety, depending on the laws where you live. In Canada, DRLs have to work. If you want/need them, either grab a new module from the dealer, or try your luck at a wrecker, altho i don't know if they'll take back an electrical component if it doesn't work any better than yours does. They aren't hard to change. Most are under the left front fender, behind the splash shield, dep. on the year of your bull.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Nidan@Oct 23 2004, 01:54 AM
I don't like DRL's personally .......... And you may need them to work if you ever want the car to pass a safety, depending on the laws where you live.  In Canada, DRLs have to work.  If you want/need them, either grab a new module from the dealer, or try your luck at a wrecker, altho i don't know if they'll take back an electrical component if it doesn't work any better than yours does.  They aren't hard to change.  Most are under the left front fender, behind the splash shield, dep. on the year of your bull.
I guess a lot of people don't like the DRL (interferes with covert activities), but I like them for dawn or dusk driving because they make me visible to other drivers if I forget to turn on my lights (most accidents are caused by poor visibility. I think they are required by legislation where I live in Ontario.

I will try to find a used one at the wrecker. Does anyone know what other vehicles the Gen3 DRL fits in? I was told that the Windstar is built on the same platform as the Taurus, but I am not sure if they share the same DRL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts