Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved a ticket in Canada for no Daytime running lamps. Checked 15 amp fuse to find it blown. Replaced to have blown again. Does anyone have the time to explain to me how to trouble shoot module ( approx. $260.00 ) and location on the vehicle where to find.

1996 Mercury Sable Wagon
3.0 litre duratec

Thank you inadvance

Glenn

·
Registered
32 Posts
What province and area did you get ticketed? Were your regular lights working at the switch?

You should find the DRL module behind the bumper cover. You might be able to see it through the marker light hole, but the air intake silencer might be in the way. You should be able to unplug and remove the module by removing the splash guards from the front wheel well and under the radiator. I have had my bumper cover off twice for other issues, and I believe the DRL module is easiest to deal with when the bumper is off.

Heres a Youtube link for removing bumper cover, Sable similar.

[attachment=33270:DSC04448_web.jpg]

If you take the bumper off, you will see something like this. Air intake silencer omitted for clarity.
[attachment=33264:taurus_drl_01.gif]

The connector should be wired like so.
[attachment=33266:taurus_drl_02.gif]

Your module should look like my burnt out one on the left, 8 pins. The part# on it is L907D. That part# should yield you a few ebay hits. The one on the right, 6 pins, I took out of a junkyard 1999 Taurus SE and modified my harness to fit it.
[attachment=33271:DSC04445_web.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried a L907D module from the junkyard and it didnt work either. I tore it apart and wasnt surprised.
Corroded and burnt copper traces. It seems theres not much to troubleshoot, it either works or its fried.
[attachment=33274:DSC04446_web.jpg]
[attachment=33272:DSC04449_web.jpg]
[attachment=33273:DSC04447_web.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats guy's,

The posts were very helpful!!!!!

Ticketed in Winnipeg as all vehicles after 1989 require daytime lights. Also all my other lights work.

Glenn

·
Registered
159 Posts
if I did find a working 8-pin module from the junkyard, would I be able to modify the harness to work on a 6 wire configuration?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts