Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put my driving lights in the grill of my 97 taurus lx. will doing this hinder the air flow and/or cooling system? i don't wanna damage anything. i was going to install them once before, but couldn't get them straight because of the damned curved bumper, and i had nowhere to mount the switch. after seeing the "ash tray" mod on here though, i've got all kinds of ideas.

so can it be done? also, any tips on lining them up so they're not shinging too far out or in?

thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i couldn't put them where i wanted them because of the curve. also, i had a helluva time gettin't hem straight. mostly it was because i have leather interior and i didn't want to screw it up by putting a tacky looking switch in it. but since i saw that ashtray mod, and a pic of a sable with driving lights in the grill....ya know :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn it, ash, you're pissin' on my parade, here!. maybe i'll have to try again to get them on the bumper. :(

told my wife i was gonna mount 'em to the middle of the hood, right in front of the washer fluid jets. she laughed for about a half hour. hey, it'd be original...dumb as ****, but original nonetheless :lol2:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aww :) i'll probably need the help. i had a helluva time tryin' to get 'em lined up. eventually got angry enough to just say to hell with it.

i may try it again. i dunno. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It's really easy to get a bumper cover off. I haven't done it yet on the Sable, but I would assume it would be similar to my old Topaz...a few bolts and a retaining clip or two, and you can just pull it off. I had to replace mine on the Topaz, and I think I did it in like three hours, by myself, and with very few tools. I'm sure that now (three years later), I could do it in less than an hour.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I took the bumper off my G3 in 15 minutes...then again i had 2 helping hands

1 - 12 of 12 Posts