Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had driving lamps for a little while now but they were on a switch under my dash. i want to run them on a relay with the regular lights. my main issue right now is if i run them off the low beam wire, then wont they turn off with high beams? and i probably cant connect the high and low wire together at the relay. also, which wire is which on the headlight harness? i really only need to the the drivers side headlight.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
If you put a diode on the wires come from the low beam and high beams, then you can put both wires onto the relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick fix for driving lamps-used on 5 current/past vehicles. Extra floor dimmer switch
wired to driving lamps through relay. Put it next to "dead petal" keeps hands on wheel, and no reaching or fumbling. Keep your separate circuit.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yeah, keep the driving lights on a separate switch so that you can still turn them off separate from the regular lights. And yes, you can either use a diode to wire them off one relay or you can use two relays. If it were mine, I would wire them off the high beams, no need to have driving lights on with low beam.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
...... If it were mine, I would wire them off the high beams, no need to have driving lights on with low beam.

That's the way i wire the driving lights I've converted to HID.

But you could use the parking light hot wire to trigger the relay if you wanted them on otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.