Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have previously posted about this rattle, but now I have a video to help describe what I'm hearing. It is a faint rattle...has nothing to do with the car downshifting at the end of the vid :p

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks guys B)

-Jordan

I was driving up hill (trying to stay in 2nd gear under load), my brother had the door open and the microphone close to the ground.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If an exhaust shield was causing the ruckus, where could I find said shield? I am going to do a brake job tomorrow, and while I have the car jacked-up I plan to search for potential rattle-spots.

I understand it is difficult to hear the rattle, and for that I am sorry. The microphone didn't pick it up as well as I'd hoped (and uploading to youtube reduced the quality). Thanks for viewing!

Warm Regards,
Jordan

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
hi,
check the catalytic converters, they have heat shield welded to the converter.

had a plymouth that had broken weld, the shield was making a 'tick' 'tick' sound at idle.
drove me crazy until I found it when I did oil change. I tacked it back with my mig.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Yo! Its VTEC KICKIN IN! :lol2:

But for real, I have same thing in my 01' . Muffler shop told its a loose heat shield... have not fixed to this date. lol

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :) We had company yesterday so I wasn't able to get to the car. This gives me hope lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts