Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed my drivers side carpet directly in front of the seat is getting wet and dirty...any ideas?

·
Registered
201 Posts
any rust under the car wher the issue is happening

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It snows where i live, but its been dry outside since i cleaned the carpet about a week and a half ago. I didnt see any rust under the car in that area. the floormat is dry, its the carpet underneath that is wet.

·
Registered
834 Posts
It snows where i live, but its been dry outside since i cleaned the carpet about a week and a half ago. I didnt see any rust under the car in that area. the floormat is dry, its the carpet underneath that is wet.
[/b]
I live in NH...it hasn't snowed here in over a week..but my carpet is still pretty wet...and I keep the heat blowing at my feet...you may not have any issues...you could try removing the carpets...and keeping your heat at your feet and see if that drys it up.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thats the passenger side curse, which is a whole different matter.
OP, pull the trim off under the driver side floor where the edge of the door frame and the carpet meet. Then lift the carpet up and check the rubber plug that is 1/2 way between the E-brake and the left front seat bolt on the floor. Chances are it's missing, rotted out or leaking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the carpet was dry after i cleaned it, so its new moisture. i checked the rubber plug....it looks fine...when looking at the carpet, the source seems to be towards the middle more and farther back in the car

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Is the carpet wet anywhere else in the car? Search every square inch of the floor for dampness.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Does it appear when it rains/road is wet?
Only way I think your going to know where it's coming from is to grab some sockets, and yank the seats, console and carpet. Could be a rust hole under the carpet, leaky windshield or a poor seal above the pedals/shifter cable/anything.
This is also worth a shot first. Park it in daylight with the hood open and look up under the dash, and see if you can see light coming from anywhere. If you want to eliminate a bad A/C drain, drive around with the heat only in "vent".

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I remember duraSEL posting he had a leak on the driver's side...something wasn't sealed properly.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
My leak was by the parking brake release under the large wire harness.
There was a very small hole that wasn't sealed and it was letting in some water.
I found it by using a garden hose on the outside and the front carpet pulled up on the inside.
Used a little silicon and end of problem.

Your leak looks like its coming from the front middle of the firewall. :)

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Living in the Salt Belt, I would guess small rust hole somewhere. Had a few of my own. I hate snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts