Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with the drivers side front tire going low fairly quick. the wierd thing is that its not the tire. i had this problem with the original tires on it. no matter which tire was on there it would go low only in that position. i have tried all the original ones in that position and they all did the same thing. it doesn't matter if i drive it or not it still will go low. and now its starting all over with the new tires and rims. this bull has so many issues with it that just got me stumped. please help

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no teens and it seems to have a slow leak not like someone lets it out. not i park in my drive way which is a flat surface no lumps or anything.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
You probably have a roof tack or small nail... maybe even a screw in your tire. It happened to me on the jeep. Its easy to fix.. get a tire repair kit with the rubber strands.. pull out the nail (the tire should be removed... but it can be done with it still on the vehicle...) Clean the hole using the hole tool (the round file looking thing with a uber rough texture) do that by twisting it into the hole and twisting it out until you can push and pull it in and out without twisting. Once that's done.. take a rubber strand and stick it through the hook tool till there's an equal amount on both sides of the tool, now push the hook tool into the tire until theres about 1/2" to 1/8" amount left exposed on the tire. ( i prefer half.) pull the tool out quickly dispensing the rubber in the tire. The Strand should stay. If it doesn't then twist it slightly until it comes loose and stays in the tire. Now cut off the excess if you please.. its not needed to. and boom! your leak is sealed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Mar 6 2009, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706082
You probably have a roof tack or small nail... maybe even a screw in your tire. It happened to me on the jeep. Its easy to fix.. get a tire repair kit with the rubber strands.. pull out the nail (the tire should be removed... but it can be done with it still on the vehicle...) Clean the hole using the hole tool (the round file looking thing with a uber rough texture) do that by twisting it into the hole and twisting it out until you can push and pull it in and out without twisting. Once that's done.. take a rubber strand and stick it through the hook tool till there's an equal amount on both sides of the tool, now push the hook tool into the tire until theres about 1/2" to 1/8" amount left exposed on the tire. ( i prefer half.) pull the tool out quickly dispensing the rubber in the tire. The Strand should stay. If it doesn't then twist it slightly until it comes loose and stays in the tire. Now cut off the excess if you please.. its not needed to. and boom! your leak is sealed.[/b]
From what I got from what he said he has had all 4 original tires doing this but only when they were at the front driver side. As well he has new rims and tires on her and they still leak.

This is weird that is for sure, I mean if I understood right there has been at least 5 different tires in this position and they all did it. I agree that some one has a grudge against you or they do it for sh**s and giggles and is to weak to slash the tires so they are just slowly leaking the air out of the driver side front tire. That is all I got, cause if you had a bad tire if would leak no matter where it was placed. Very confusing, I'm stumped.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Do you always pull forward into your driveway, or back in?

Try doing the opposite for a while and see if it stops?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
check under the valve stem cap for a tiny peble and make sure the center part of the valve is tight.

·
Banned
90 Posts
i have the exact same problem, i think its a camber issue that causes the outer edge of the tire to wear quicker, causing leaks? not a clue but my front tires are messed up and i'd like to fix it before I change up my wheels...

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
+1, this happens on my '05 and my sister's '02, particularly in cold weather or if the car sits for more than a couple days. I think it might be a mix of fluctuating pressure from the outside temps and the extra weight over the front axle from the powertrain. Even the driver's seat being occupied the most could have something to do with that, although I've also seen it occur with our passenger-side front tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts