Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey boys and girls...my driver side window on my genII isnt sitting right...everytime it opens, to get it to close properly(with no leaks)u have to push in on it will it goes up. if u dont do that it sits on the outside area of the door...any clues on how to fix this?
thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
A couple of separate cases that may be related. A friend had a 92 Taurus with the same snag. Turns out the rear rail inside the door had a couple rivets break off and the rail was floating free at the rear. My old 90 Sable had a ratle when the window was down and the window vibrated in transition, same cause in the door, rear window rail. Now my 99 Taurus is showing signs of rattling, looks like its time to dismantle another door.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My front passenger side window occasionally doesn't want to raise itself properly, sometimes getting off track and always taking a long time to raise.
I don't know the solution yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the exact same probelm on my '92 GL...
It's off the track in mine, and to fix it I'd have to disassemble the door and replace it onto the track, which I'm sure would be a big pain...so I just don't roll it down. :]

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all ure help guys....now if itll warm up to above freezing for a day or 2....my window will be fixed:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had the same problem with the driver door so i said "screw it" and i got a whole new door. it probably costs less for a used door than to fix the problem concidering the part you need only comes from ford $$$$$$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts