Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 SEL 24V My driver side window work only when it feels like it. i replaced the relay still the same thing i notice though if i wiggle the relay or press on whole fuse box while holding window switch it will work but only within the first few minutes of car running after that just clicking.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i would verify if the motor works properly. if the motor works by jumping it then i would test the window control switch works by testing the input and output of all the switches. if you are having problems with only drivers window then more then likely its a motor or switch.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Hmmm. Couple things. have you tried operating the window with the door open in different positions? That can suggest there is a broken wire in the door. Next, I have heard of some Gen 4 tauruses having issues with the master control pad in the driver door, since all windows run through that switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have tried all of the above only time it works is within the first 10-20minutes car is running, if i have open or close it some times pressing on relay side to up or down then it works. have tried new relay too. think it might be the fuse box?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Take the interior panel off. Re-install the window switch and jiggle the wires as you press the window button to make sure it isn't a wire or plug issue in the door. You'll probably want to inspect the power window assembly while you have the panel off. It could be a wiring issue closer to the fuse box, you'll just have to disassemble whatever's in your way so you can trace it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts