Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this car for almost two months. It worked at first, but not anymore. When I press the switch for this (or any other) window the lights dim like there is power in the switch, but this particular window won't budge. It doesn't make any sound either. If anyone had any help it'd be appreciated. If not I'm sure the dealership or any repair shop would be more than happy to point it out for their modest fees

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had this problem very recently myself, except when I bought my car, it was already broken. what I did was remove my rear door trim piece, check the switch in the rear to see if it was getting voltage, then I took the motor out of the door, and opened it up, oiled it a lot, cleaned the conctacts, etc, then hooked a 12V battery up to it, and it started to work. So, your motor problably needs a little tlc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try that!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, getting another motor would probably do the trick, because your motor might have just burned out all together, but then again it might not have, I couldn't really say though, and yeah, my motor was a little cursty, but a little cleanup did the trick

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a '96 Sable with the same exact problem. I bought the car from the original owners and it sat mostly under a carport. They had it checked by Ford and it was too costly to repair. After a year of owning the car one day I just hit the button and the damn thing worked!!! It was so wierd. I know this doesn't help but I wanted to share my story with you. Prayer helps when you own a Ford!

-Cajunkat

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help. I did take it apart this weekend, cleaned it oiled and it worked

·
Registered
397 Posts
YEP, the taurus window motors are known for taking a dump.

I have one such window - the motor works, I took it apart and cleaned it up, had extra parts left, and golly, the motor somehow works, but not well in cold weather.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, I have a problem with my rear passenger window, I hear the window initializing, but the window can't go down, like it moves slightly down and up, but doesn't roll down all the way like its jammed or something. I tried the switch at the door, and at the drivers controls, and both get it to go down slightly, but then it seems to get jammed. So, have any idea what it is?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
My front passenger side took a dump about a year ago. heh.. to get it to work (well... for a lil while.. I plan on repairing that soon) I need to bang on the door.. but the only problem is... banging on the door = door panel clips break, thus making the door panel fall off!! :lol: falling apart :p

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Oiling the tracks...good idea. Granddads 89 Lesabre windows take over a minute to close. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.