Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh:

do you know what's the fix to a power window, this happened to me twice already. before i paid $40 to have it fix, relay was good (eventhough i put new one) i'm not sure if it's the wires. it makes a clicking sound each time i press switch to move it up. HElP!

·
Registered
135 Posts
i did fix mine 1 time, it is very time consuming. check all the fuses 1st.
i took the switch off and cleaned it out real good, then i found the wire was
broken in the tube going into the door(a gm Camero) most times it's a switch
or a wire. just look for broken wire.

G

·
Don't laugh at me, because this is serious. The same thing happened to me. The window will roll down, and then won't roll back up. Here's what you do:

Step 1: Open the door that the window is stuck on
Step 2: Hold the "UP" button for the window (The door is still open)
Step 3: While holding the "UP" button, slam the door shut

This should take care of any problems. I know it is one of the most ******* ways to fix it, but trust me, it works!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:chili: :banana:
it went up! thanx for that temp fix. so wut's the best fix, to replace switch?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
The window motor is on its way out. Sooner or later, that ******* fix wont work, and if the window is stuck down, your in a world of hurt if the weather isnt cooperating!

G

·
Originally posted by ninja@Oct 4 2004, 06:55 PM
The window motor is on its way out. Sooner or later, that ******* fix wont work, and if the window is stuck down, your in a world of hurt if the weather isnt cooperating!
Well there's always more than one ******* fix for a broken window. Try, a plastic bag for instance...duck tape + plastic bag (or cardboard) = new window

1 - 11 of 11 Posts