Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver door barely ever locks or unlocks. I have an aftermarket alarm and when i hit unlock, all the doors unlock but i hear a buzzing in the drivers door. Sometimes the lock moves a little bit. Usually when i lock my car, i have to lock the drivers door with a key. The buttons on the two front doors don't work either. Usually if i hit the lock/unlock button the lock will work once, but after that it will only buzz and vibrate. The guy who installed my alarm told me he thinks it could be the door lock actuator and suggestedi get another one from Ford a.k.a "those Ford ********" (we've been through this before). I don't think cleaning the contacts is a remedy for this.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That could be, but, before i had the alarm installed, the door switches inside the car wouldn't always unlcok the car. It was less noticeable then because if i pull the door handle from the inside the door would unlock anyway. And my alarm doesn't tap into all four doors. It is tapped into the main trigger that unlocks all four doors at once. I really have no idea though, i would like to think my installer was honest, but i can't be sure.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, take the door panel off and replace the lock actuator. It can't be too expensive for the part. Probably very easy to replace since all it does is move the plunger up and down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts