Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Taurus with the display screens on either side of the speedometer. According to the window sticker the right screen is supposed to have displays for navigation, phone, audio and climate. But, I don't have the climate display/settings on the list. Is there a way to get this added myself, or is it something the dealer can do? Would there be a charge since technically it's false to say it's there but it's not?

Also, I've noticed in pictures of some Taurus and other Fords, that the left display shows a bar graph style tachometer when in the digital speedometer, distance to empty and fuel economy screens. Mine doesn't show this, it only shows the fuel guage in those screens. My tach only shows as a dial type tach along with either a bar graph fuel guage or fuel guage and temp. I'm assuming this a change made on later year Taurus, and is this something that can be added to mine also?

Finally, I was surprised to see there is no tire pressure readout anywhere in the settings that I can find. I'm pretty sure it's available on some Fords. Is this also something that can be enabled for mine?

Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think they took away the climate display in the 2014 MY. I have it in my 2013 and prefer it. You can bring it back with forscan. First, I'd ask the dealer.

Never saw a bar graph tac. Is it possible the graph for mileage?

There is no tire pressure readout. Just alarms if a tire is low.

·
Registered
335 Posts
As for the Climate menu, unfortunately it isn't able to be brought back with FORScan or any programming whatsoever to my knowledge. In the FORScan tutorial, on a couple pages we discussed a few of us not being able to bring it back even though the programming was all correct. It's something either firmware related or part related that removed that feature entirely in the 2014 (or 2015) and up model years. Super disappointing.

There is a bar graph style tachometer you can add in if you go to settings in the left and go to display to set the style to be fuel + tach. As for a digital speedometer, now you've got me intrigued. I would suspect this is something only newer clusters have.

Tire pressure is unfortunately a feature the Taurus never received. As @brn said, it'll alert a low tire pressure, but it doesn't display any exact values unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I got that changed now on the tach, so now it's showing up on the other screens. I used the digital speedometer at first for the neato factor, but usually I keep it on tach. Now I'll probably be leaving it on instant fuel economy with bar tach and fuel.

That's too bad on the tire pressure. I was really expecting that since so many cars have that.

The climate control is another bummer. It's not a huge deal, but mine has that black plastic A/C panel and it has no knobs or tactile feel to it at all, just a smooth plastic. Unlike the SE which has knobs for temp and fan which to me is much easier to adjust without looking at it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just use Auto and set the MyTemp to where you usually keep it based on the time of year. Other than that, i very rarely touch my HVAC controls.

Of course i still wish i could get the climate menu on my '14

1 - 5 of 5 Posts