Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an '02 Duratec 3.0 supposed to have a gasket between the throttle body and the plenum? I cleaned the throttle body a while back and it just dawned on me that there was no gasket. I have some idling and acceleration issues with codes (P0132, 1130, 1131, 1132) suggesting upstream O2 sensor is bad, and a P0172, but if a vacuum leak is the REAL problem...a missing throttle body gasket might be responsible.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
GAsket

Is an '02 Duratec 3.0 supposed to have a gasket between the throttle body and the plenum? I cleaned the throttle body a while back and it just dawned on me that there was no gasket. I have some idling and acceleration issues with codes (P0132, 1130, 1131, 1132) suggesting upstream O2 sensor is bad, and a P0172, but if a vacuum leak is the REAL problem...a missing throttle body gasket might be responsible.
Se pic, gasket is the white soft plastic gasket around the intake. Only 2 screws to hole the TB on.

In the Pic PCV hose, this is often a cause of leaks. This is an updated design by Ford to fix the failing ell.s.

Plenty of other places for vacuum leaks.

-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts