Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Boy what a rough time we have had over the last 30-60 days.... Things have been shaken up here but all for the better! For those of you who dont know, the two key members of DuratecPerformance reformed as a new business, Draxas. We have the same mission as before, to supply high quality, cost effective performance upgrades to the Duratec community.

2004 is going to be a MUCH better year for both us and for the Taurus community. We have not dropped our plans to release performance upgrades for the Taurus/Sable, but we have had to put them on the back burner. Once we get through some ongoing projects, we will again pick up our R&D on the Taurus and move forward rather quickly.

We have made some significant changes to the structure of Draxas and how it is run, so you can expect faster development time and much better interaction with our customers.

The first product we will release for the 1996-1999 3.0L DOHC Taurus will be our Cold Air Intake kit. The 2nd item we will release for the 1996-1999 Taurus will most likely be a Cat Back Exhaust kit. Following that, we will more than likely move on to the Gen 4 Duratec Taurus with a Cold Air Intake and Exhaust.

We have in our posession a set of stock 1996-1999 exhaust manifolds, from which we will develop a set of shorty tubular headers. We have some revising to do on our 1996-1999 Y-Pipe as well. Those of you who own a 1996-1999 Duratec Taurus will also soon have another option for performance spark plug wires.

The Taurus is at the top of our list when it comes to future product development. We had to complete our work on the Mazda6s because we were VERY fortunate to have an owner loan us his car for 5 months. We wont have this opportunity again, so we have had to take advantage of it while we could.

If anyone has any questions, I can be reached at: [email protected]

Our website is of course:

www.Draxas.com

and our store is just:

Store.Draxas.com

We look forward to a very busy 2004 and we hope to serve you in your quest for more power and better handling.

Happy Motoring,

Nikolas

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to answer a question that was asked of me through email by a TCCA member:

We will open support to more than just Duratec powered Tauruses and Sables. It will just take us time. But now that we dont have a name that has Duratec in it, we are not necessarily held up to just supporting Duratecs.

We will work on the Duratecs first of course, and then move to the Gen-III Vulcans and then maybe back to the Gen-II's. It really depends on how things go over the next 6 months. One of things that held us up the most was a lack of R&D funds. If we have the money/time to put into a project you can bet we will.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I'll second that. I'd love to buy a higher flow Y-Pipe, but it's got to have the convertors to pass the emission check in Denver. [It doesn't matter how good your emissions numbers are, if you remove something, you fail.]

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jan 15 2004, 11:11 PM
my question is, do the duratec headers work for the vulcan? I have no idea if the two exhaust flanges are the same.
Nope. Different configuration on the heads would prevent this.

Nikolas, glad to hear everything's going well now. Let us know if you need anything to help you out, you have the club's full support.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
No kidding, wow, all project, all Duratec powah, all gen 3 powah!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is correct. The Vulcan engine is completely different and will require its own set of headers to be designed for it.

We have the stock 1996-1999 exhaust manifolds and will be able to fabricate headers from them.

We will be having the SoCal owner stop by our shop so we can clean up the Y-Pipe design. and also take a look at adding high flow cats into the pipe. Thankfully we can get high flow cats that are pretty small in size, but still do a decent job of cleaning the exhaust gasses.

Nikolas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts