Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a ghosttown here, but I was wondering if we could get a meet going for the SE region. It's bad enough the few SE SHO owners are few and far between, so hows about a Bull event?

What would be better, north GA, TN, AL, etc...?

Maybe a roadtrip to Toccoa and fun run up Mt. Currahee? LOL

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. Life out in the real world is a lot different from college.

I am thinking of having something in May in Charlotte, NC right now. I shall make a post this evening.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
yea a meet would be nice....maybe help me get my "progress" going.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anybody wanna have a SE Chapter meet & greet, or perhaps a mod meet?

I'm in West Palm Beach and have obtained some SHO sway bars for install. I'll also be upgrading some stereo components in both the Taurus and Sable.

The family has also taken a likin' to making Dragon Runs in the fall with the Contour/Mystique, now I'd like to see a group of Bulls up there. www.tailofthedragon.com

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Hey, I'm in West Palm Beach to! I got a little Taurus Garage going on here. Mostly older generations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Chris, you've been a member for a while it seems. It would be nice to say hello, and I'd like to check out that V-8 Bull you've got.

I'm available Sunday the 13th if you have time.

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'd like to meet up w/y'all but I can't afford a 9 hr drive down there right now :( Plus I've burned up my vacation days. May be down in FL this September so we'll see :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd really love to get a group to run the Tail of the Dragon in mid October. That road is a boatload of fun and the Skyway with its scenic overlooks is breathtaking with all the fall colors. There are also waterfall runs and a lakeside pull-off that could be added to the trip that make for great photo ops.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (TourDeForce @ Jun 8 2010, 11:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810380
I'd really love to get a group to run the Tail of the Dragon in mid October. That road is a boatload of fun and the Skyway with its scenic overlooks is breathtaking with all the fall colors. There are also waterfall runs and a lakeside pull-off that could be added to the trip that make for great photo ops.[/b]
Oooooo I like the sound of this....

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Sounds great to me!

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Yeah! We really need a meet. Our last one was years ago in St Augustine.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I pop in here once in a while. The gen3 sho had a major power steering leak. In the process of fixing it now. Just before did an engine swap in my 91 sable wagon.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Back when we had that 1234 Gen collection. :)

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I take it back...4321 :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Let's plan a Dragon Run then...

Dragon calendar is open for October as of this post. So we won't be sharing the roads & accomodations with 400 Miatas or Mustangs.

Weekend of the 22nd should be close to ideal if we have a mild fall season. Everybody is welcome to come out for a day or spend the night & make several runs and perhaps hunt some waterfalls. My camera will be active the whole weekend for photo shoots.

There are cabins in Tellico Plains, Tn at the start of the Skyway. They can accomodate people who are on a budget & want to share, and the property is ideally located.

For those wanting more civilization or a warmup before hitting the road; Sweetwater, Tn has a few hotels/motels right off I-75 (one with a jacuzzi), and there is great BBQ and a very nice winery nearby too.

I'll get some names & rates and post the info this weekend.

So, how 'bout it. Somewhere near Savanah or Chattanooga?

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Aight, merged threads and some posts, along with a pin, to get this rolling and settle on a good meetup location for the entire Southeast. It sounds like so far we've got a Tail of a Dragon + a Southern GA/FL meetup as well.

Let's see if we can work each out (or just one even) in terms of dates.

Tiger, once you get info on Tail, post it!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Some great ideas. I look forward to taking part. Please post more info when it's available.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts