Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a dragonball fun when i was young. I saw the preview the the movie. It doesnt look good at all but I would still go see it. What do yall think???
Heres a link to the site.
http://dbthemovie.com/

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i loved that show i was so sad when they ended it. this movooks kinda dumb i may have to go see it and see if it lives up to my expectations... i doubt it though

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
dragonball gt was the end of the series and i cant remember how the last episode went exactly anymore but it basically made it imposible to create a new season without using basicaly new caracters

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh wow! That brings back the memories! Goku FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ok here goes because I'm a nerd

The manga (japanese comic) that dragon ball and dragon ball z were based on was dragon ball written by Akira Toriyama. The anime (cartoon) actually ended in the early 90's, it just didn't air in the U.S. until the later 90's.

The actual story as written by the creator ended with dragon ball z, and Akira Toriyama intended for this to be the end of the story. However the production company was making so much money off the franchise, so they decided to continue the story with gt, against Toriyama's wishes, so there's a reason that gt doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the story.

As for the movie, it has fail written all over it. Think speed racer the movie kinda flop.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here goes because I'm a nerd

The manga (japanese comic) that dragon ball and dragon ball z were based on was dragon ball written by Akira Toriyama. The anime (cartoon) actually ended in the early 90's, it just didn't air in the U.S. until the later 90's.

The actual story as written by the creator ended with dragon ball z, and Akira Toriyama intended for this to be the end of the story. However the production company was making so much money off the franchise, so they decided to continue the story with gt, against Toriyama's wishes, so there's a reason that gt doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the story.

As for the movie, it has fail written all over it. Think speed racer the movie kinda flop.
[/b]
that makes sense then

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
......wtf

This looks more like a campy B movie than something seriously trying to make Dragonball into a live action movie. Then again I don't know how high I could possibly set my expectations for something like this anyway...I don't know...I'll rent it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'll go see it. I was a Z fan when I was younger. I never got into GT though, like it was said, it just didn't fit.

Piccolo was always my favorite.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Piccolo looks funny in the movie but I guess it would look cheesy they copied him from the cartoon.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Saiyan Goku or Super Saiyan Goku?
[/b]

you see.. that's the **** I'm talking about... I dunno... um... Super got blonde hair right? Doesn't matter, I just like the mega spikes. I spike my hair when i get out of the shower, looks cool... but I'm sure I'd get laughed at in public.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotemain'>
Saiyan Goku or Super Saiyan Goku?
[/b]

you see.. that's the **** I'm talking about... I dunno... um... Super got blonde hair right? Doesn't matter, I just like the mega spikes. I spike my hair when i get out of the shower, looks cool... but I'm sure I'd get laughed at in public.
[/b][/quote]

:rofl2: yeah super is blonde. You should take a pic with your spiked hair

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i liked dragon ball z, but it was so drawn out.......sometimes took 5 episodes for something it could have done with one, it also falls victim to things used often in anime, such as multiple flashbacks.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i liked dragon ball z, but it was so drawn out.......sometimes took 5 episodes for something it could have done with one, it also falls victim to things used often in anime, such as multiple flashbacks.
[/b]
I agree.alot of episodes with freeza, all they did was talk and no action. I hated the freeza episodes. My favorite was with Cell and the droids and Buu

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I could never get into it. I just plain didn't like it for some reason... although I do have a friend that's thoroughly obsessed with it and makes me watch it and play the ps2 games which I suck at. I just mash the controller and yell Kamehameha at her! :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The Androids and the Cell saga was the ###### greatest part about DBZ. Thats when I was into it the most.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts