1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
:eek: Daayyuum....

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Sweetness.... .... The Potential of that drivetrain...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
...and the MKS EcoBoost/2010 SHO is faster than a non-SRT Hemi Charger/300C, with a nicer interior.

:woot:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Have you seen the size of these things? The Flex is almost 5,000 pounds, and the MKS is no lightweight either.

They'd both beat a stock twin turbo 300ZX (which is mid 14s). For a more recent factory twin-turbo comparison, the BMW 335i does it in 13.6...and weighs a thousand pounds less.

Granted, the EcoBoost is pushing 55 more horses than the BMW, but it ain't doing badly at all for being in a barge weighing half a ton more :grin2:

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Striker @ May 21 2009, 03:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727002
thats kind of slow for v-6 twin turbo-ed, i thought it would be around 12 seconds.[/b]
Which one? The MKS or the Flex? I'll agree that the MKS seems a little slow, but not the Flex....4800lbs, SUV, and some of the worst aerodynamics a car can have and yet still pulls a 14.5

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
QUOTE (Striker @ May 21 2009, 03:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727002
thats kind of slow for v-6 twin turbo-ed, i thought it would be around 12 seconds.[/b]
Not really... the car has a heavy AWD system to lug around, heavy stock rims with heavy all-season tires and it weighs every bit of 4000 lbs.

Don't forget it is also on a Ford stock tune - those are notoriously ultra conservative and are meant for daily driveability by the 'average person' who will not be good about maintenance.

The SHO should be faster. I think they have a slightly more aggressive tune, it has a slightly higher HP rating and is lighter weight. B)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I so called it on the 1/4 time for the SHO (estimated). I think I ballparked a 13.8 in the 1/4. :horns:

Glad to see someone is out testing these boosted barges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts