Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have often heard my passengers in the back seat complaining about drafts from the door handles, but being that I am normally the driver, and never sat in the back seat of my car, never worried about it.

However that changed last night when i was in my friends 1990 taurus in the back seat, it was actually cold last night, and BOY was there a nasty draft coming from the door handle..

Anyone experience this, and if you did did you fix it, what caused it?

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I have that issue too most cars do have that problem....I am going to take the door panel off and re foam it....maybe that will kill the problem...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
There are small slits in the bottom of the door for drainage, for when the window goes down and it's wet. The air is probably entering these slits and exiting through the path of least resistance, out the door handle openings.

JR

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Oct 6 2004, 04:57 PM
Can I fill them in, or would that be a really bad idea?
I guess you could probably fill them in. I would use foam, because its porous and will prevent water from getting out if it needs to.

If you really wanted to seal it up and insulate the doors for sound as well, you can try RAAMmat or dynamat. I have a bunch of it left, and I used it on my doors around my speakers. Worked great!

-Damon

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
thats nothing to worry about, lots of cars have that. on my 95 if i spray water into the b pillar area on the passenger side from the front. i get some sprinkling on the back seat leather... its odd. so i dont spray that way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts