Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember what car I spotted them on but they look something like the attached photoshop image...... and I like it :D

Basically i'm not looking for just 00_________00 , I want something more oval for all four outlets. Ever seen anything like that? Something like godspunk32's exhaust tips but doubled.

Thats not too ricey is it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
What size are they? Around a 2.5-3.0" tip (each) would look pretty good. Just make sure they are straight from every angle (side to side, up and down, and level), and it'll look :****:

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the spoiler back in 2000 I think, I just went to a local junkyard looking for a SHO spoiler and they gave me that.

It looks a little different from other G2 spoilers i've spotted on the street though, in my mind my center post is not as tall - i could be mistaken though.

I'm thinking something like dual 2" tips, i've never been a fan of...... brb just remembered I have some I bought last year

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They looked something like this

I grabbed a pair of them on ebay for <$30 each but the pictures were deceiving.... I could fit my whole fist in each of the tubes!! 2.25"-dual 3" tips no thanks :glare:

The search continues....

By the way here are the tips I was referring to in the begining

mmmmmmmmmm thats nice :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess i've never seen a G3SHO up close before, those certainly look nice.

If I could find that general shape, maybe just a little smaller i'd be set.

I'm still a LONG ways away from needing tips but i'd like to find some nice ones asap before test driving.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Someone likes my exhaust... :blush:

Like Daniel said, those tips are from a Gen III SHO, and they're angled vertically, so the inboard side of each tip is longer than the outboard side. That exhaust setup is 2.25" single pipe, all the way back to the rear y-pipe, at which point, it splits off into two 2" pipes.

JR

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
G3 SHO tips might look funky on a g2 rear end. They were designed to flow with a really curvy rear bumper, and the g2 is a lot more squared. Im sure they might sort of work, but it'd take some creative angling.

Methinks something more rounded-rectangle might look good on a g2 (considering that is the shape of the car, tail lights, headlights, etc..)

Example: Magnaflow 35175

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G3 SHO tips might look funky on a g2 rear end. They were designed to flow with a really curvy rear bumper, and the g2 is a lot more squared. Im sure they might sort of work, but it'd take some creative angling.

Methinks something more rounded-rectangle might look good on a g2 (considering that is the shape of the car, tail lights, headlights, etc..)

Example: Magnaflow 35175

[/b]
Those are NICE!!, i could *eventually* learn to live with something like that :D I'll see what I can dig up on the inlet/outlet sizes, i'm hoping to run 2.25-2.5 all the way back

edit: H.F.S.! >$50 for an exhaust tip? Gotta think about that one before jumping in, I always thought tips were in the $15-20 range and even that seemed pricey.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
i have similar tips to the ones u got. there a bit to big imo mines the gen4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You can find exhaust tips for 20 bucks, but they wont last. Paying for quality, stainless, exhaust tips is a good long-term investment. Little extra $$ now, for an exhaust tip that will last a very long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts