Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 GL the front door interior trim panels are loose. I have tried tightening the screws under the handle and the map pocket but the panel still pops out near where the lock post is when you pull the handle to close the door. I can figure out why it is doing this. Any ideas how to correct it?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Have you pulled off the door panel to check the quick release plastic clips? They might be screwed up. You can get a new pack for like $2 at an auto parts store.

JR

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it's anything like a '95 and ASSuming you have power windows..... remove the sail panel with one phillips screw (the trim by the mirror). Remove one screw in the panel, in front of the pocket, lower front. Remove one screw from under the armrest. Pull. Rotate the lamp housing a quarter turn and the light comes out. There's two screws holding the switch assembly in. Take those out, pull, rotate and push the switch assembly back through the panel. On the driver's side you'll have the power mirror switch to deal with, and maybe a module as well.
There's 9 or so clips around the edge of the panel. Any FLAPS will have them, some sell by the piece, some in packs of 3 (most likely in the 'Help!' brand). You might get lucky and find them somewhere like Home Depot or Lowes too. They're pretty much a 'use once and replace' item, especially when they're that old. The teeth get ripped off every time they're removed. Good luck.
If you're missing the screw under the armrest, replace it. The panel clips will thank you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts