Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kind of wanted to replace my door locks because it looks like someone brought a screwdriver to the locks. I was wondering if I'll need these locks or if the cheaper option will work. I noticed one specifically says Ford Taurus and that they both look different. I figure they would both work as they have the similar clip, but I just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
651 Posts
I kind of wanted to replace my door locks because it looks like someone brought a screwdriver to the locks. I was wondering if I'll need these locks or if the cheaper option will work. I noticed one specifically says Ford Taurus and that they both look different. I figure they would both work as they have the similar clip, but I just wanted to be sure.
Biggest difference I see is the Bezel around the lock on the outside, one is black the other chrome.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
So from my memory both of those have the right clips for the lock rod, the only thing I'm not sure about is the fitment of the housing since I've never removed one of these cylinders. With that said, the cheap one looks close enough to work. Worth the gamble, especially since Amazon will let you return them if they don't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Biggest difference I see is the Bezel around the lock on the outside, one is black the other chrome.
I talked to someone about it at my work since I work at a place that works on cars, she said that the bezel is a weather seal. I'm waiting until she can talk to our locksmith, tbh, I didn't even know there was a locksmith at my work... just started working at an auction site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts