Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Heh, I am wondering the same exact thing.

I bought mine, I could have SWORN I had the harness inside my door... I had to be thinking of another harness laying around when I had the door panel apart, and didn't think, "Dur, 2 harnesses go into the Window Switch" Until I assembled it, and didn't realize it...

I am almost positive my car GEM Module supports it, because when I bought my car, the remotes came in the factory package, and it had a factory keypad entry code card with the remotes (Which, I cannot find, could have sworn I put it in my Owner's manual package) I haven't crawled under the dash to see if I have a code written onto the GEM, but I will eventually.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Search jmoschetti's old posts. He did it on his old car I believe

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I got my handle put in but I cant find where to plug in the wires. I need help

[/b]
I do not have the factory keypad / remote set up, but I have a spare set of door wiring harness you can have for free - they have the plug for the keypad on them.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Daniel, if for some reason I dont have the plug Ill take that wiring from you coneynew.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not have the factory keypad / remote set up, but I have a spare set of door wiring harness you can have for free - they have the plug for the keypad on them.
[/b]
PM sent

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
PM sent
[/b][/quote]
Got your PM. Let me figure out shipping, Should not be much at all. Was at the yard today and there were about3 Gen iii's w/ the keypad, but I'll send you the ones I already have

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Pics. PM Sent: This is a complete door harness from a 96 SHO. It has the plug for the door lights too.

[attachmentid=28018]

[attachmentid=28020]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
goodness that black plug is huge!

too bad i have a 99, i wont be able to use the plugs for the door lights

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Hmm, if only I could get a harness like that for a Gen4.5... (Not sure if a 2000-2003 would work.... But I wanna get mine set up too)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
somebody said on here that if I had a Gen 3 that was a 98+ that came with keyless entry that I should be able to wire this handle up. One problem, it doesnt work. got the wiring in today, nothing... all i have is a bunch of extra wire in my door and its in the way of my window so i cant roll my window all the way down.

is there something I can do. Im sure Paul's diagrams could help, but I dont know what Im looking at when I see that kind of stuff

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok it seems like this could be a problem...

it seems like there is two or three wires thats not even hooked to the keypad, and they are the ground wire and the power wire. is there any way i could reattach these wire to the keypad?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts